Application Deadline: February 27, 2022
The mentors in Forecast’s 2022–23 edition engage with practices defined by immediate encounters, either with the work’s subject matter or audience. In the current climate of uncertainty and social distancing, Forecast seeks to define audacious paths forward for practices that thrive and rely on corporeal, unmediated situations.
As an international mentorship program with annual editions, Forecast offers artists and creative thinkers from anywhere in the world the chance to work with accomplished mentors toward bringing their projects to fruition. For each edition, Forecast selects six mentors from various disciplines who offer participants their expertise in specifying and realizing their project ideas. Each edition of Forecast is different; the selected mentors impact the nature and content of every iteration.
The mentoring phase between July 2022 and March 2023 is flexible and not bound to a specific place. The form and frequency of the exchange depends on the mentee’s and mentor’s needs and abilities. While the mentoring itself takes place directly between the mentor and mentee, without Forecast’s mediation, the Forecast team will arrange conversations with both parties at regular intervals to follow the project’s progress.
Anyone from anywhere who is working creatively in a field that they consider connected with one of the mentors in this year’s edition, or in related practices. We recommend looking at the mentors’ statements and familiarizing yourself with their work before deciding whether to apply, and with what project. After all, you and the mentor would work together for several months if you’re selected, so you should have an idea of what they would be able to provide in their mentorship role.
If you are invited to present your concept at the Forecast Forum in Berlin, Forecast will grant you accommodation and travel costs, and provide infrastructure and space for your presentation at radialsystem. However, if you apply as a duo or collective, Forecast can cover travel and accommodation for only one member.
- If you are invited to present your concept at the Forecast Forum in Berlin, Forecast will grant you accommodation and travel costs, and provide infrastructure and space for your presentation at radialsystem.
- However, if you apply as a duo or collective, Forecast can cover travel and accommodation for only one member.
- Creative minds from anywhere in the world working in various disciplines are invited to submit project proposals via an open call.
- The selection process is two-tiered. First, the mentors select three nominated concepts each, which will be announced on May 4, 2022.
- The 18 nominees—three in each field—are invited to Berlin to discuss their ideas and present them at the radialsystem during the Forecast Forum taking place July 11–17, 2022.
- Following the Forum, each mentor will select one concept to accompany to its realization over the following months.
- The outcomes of these collaborations will then be presented at the Forecast Festival, taking place at the radialsystem, Berlin, March 13–18, 2023.
For More Information: