Submission Deadline: November 30th 2016
Immigration, whether for a career change or to flee a conflict, is an enormous challenge for both the immigrant and the host country. Both are faced with questions of assimilation, integration, xenophobia, employment, security, education, etc. There are no simple answers to these questions, and both immigrant and host have legitimate concerns.
In the context of this current moment in history, The Fountain’s 2016 Essay Contest invites you to consider the issues facing today’s immigrants. Are you an immigrant, too? Were your parents or grandparents immigrants? Are we all immigrants in this world? How do immigrants contribute to your society? How do they cause problems in your society? How would you help immigrants thrive?
Fountain Magazine are excited to hear your answers to one of the most pressing problems facing our world.
- Deadline for submissions: November 30
- Contest open to all writers worldwide
- Essay word count must be between 1,500 and 2,500
- Essays must be submitted as Word document only through the essay contest page at www.fountainmagazine.com/essaycontest
- 1st Place – $1,000
- 2nd Place – $500
- 3rd Place – $300
- Two Honorable Mentions – $150 each
For More Information: