Application Deadline: March 15th 2017
DAHLEM POSTDOC FELLOWSHIPS provide funding for highly qualified postdoctoral fellows with at least six months of international research experience* to conduct their own research within one of the university’s outstanding collaborative research projects. In addition, international research stays are supported in order to allow researchers to build up a full year of international research experience by the time they complete their DAHLEM POSTDOC FELLOWSHIP.
Fellows are given the opportunity to expand their academic profile by experiencing early independence combined with professional guidance. During their stay they are integrated into research groups and assigned a professor as scientific advisor.
Each research fellowship will be awarded for 14 months. Applicants must submit a project plan based on the research fields/ key topics of the participating host research projects of Freie Universität Berlin.
Applicants have to submit a project plan based on the research fields/ key topics of the participating host research projects of Freie Universität Berlin (listed here).
The call is open to postdoctoral researchers of all disciplines and all nationalities who
- hold a doctoral degree
(the dissertation must be submitted and proof must be available by the application deadline)
- completed their doctoral degree no longer than four years prior to the deadline (the date on the doctoral certificate applies). For applicants with children, one year per child will be added to the permitted duration.
- have at least six months’ international research experience, three months of which must be an uninterrupted stay.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate, at the point of the application deadline, at least six months’ research experience during the doctoral or postdoctoral phase, in a country different to the country in which they completed their PhD. Applicants who completed both their doctorate and any postdoctoral periods solely in one country, do not meet this requirement. Three months of the international research experience should be an uninterrupted stay.
- 14 months‘ research funding, starting November 1, 2017
- An employment contract at level TV-L FU E13 (which refers to the collective agreement for the public area of Berlin and translates into an annual net salary of approx. 25.600 to 33.400 Euro, depending on previous work experience and marital status)
- Social security and health insurance included
- A monthly research allowance (300 Euro for office-based/ 600 Euro for field-trip-based/ 900 Euro for lab-based projects)
- Travel allowance for research stays of up to six months at an international research institution
- One-time reimbursement of travel costs when moving to Berlin
- A fully funded intensive German course
- A tailored qualification program delivered by Dahlem Research School
To apply please follow the steps described below. Please note that all applications have to be submitted via the DRS application platform.
For general questions regarding the DAHLEM POSTDOC FELLOWSHIP program please contact the Dahlem Research School Fellowship Team: [email protected]
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the DAHLEM POSTDOC FELLOWSHIPS 2017