Application Deadline: March 5, 2023
The MGG Academy is geared towards highly-qualified young professionals who work in a partner institution of the MGG network or in an institution that is interested in future cooperation. The MGG Academy 2023 takes place from 17 August – 3 December 2023 at the German Institute of Development and Sustainability (IDOS) in Bonn, Germany.
The MGG Academy is a training and dialogue format for highly qualified young professionals from rising powers and Europe. It supports future change makers who are dedicated to global cooperation and a transformation to sustainability. Addressing global challenges by building trust, learning from diverse perspectives and co-creating solutions form core assets of the MGG Academy.
Prospective participants should
- be a national or permanent resident of one of the MGG partner countries (MGG partner country (Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, South Africa),
- be 25 – 40 years old (older applicants who have taken longer periods of parental leave may be considered),
- work on issues relevant for sustainable development and global governance,
- have at least three years work experience (non-remunerated experience is also recognised),
- have the support of their employer (written support required as part of application),
- be ready to participate in an intensive fulltime programme (40 weekly working hours),
- have a very good command of the English language (equivalent to B2 level of the CEFR),
- be respectful of other cultures,
- be willing to reflect on collective and individual experiences and competencies,
- be open to a broad variety of working methods.
Prospective participants should:
- Be a national or a permanent resident of one of the participating countries.
- Have the support of their employer (written support required as part of the application).
- Have a passion for global cooperation and sustainable development.
- Be ready to participate in an intensive, full-time programme (8 hours per day, 40 weekly working hours).
- Work in a partner institution of the MGG network or in an institution that is interested in future cooperation.
- Have a very good command of the English language (equivalent to B2 level of the CEFR).
- Be between 25 and 40 years old (older applicants, who have taken longer periods of parental leave, may be considered).
- Have at least three years of working experience (non-remunerated experience is also recognised).
- Be sensitive to other cultures, open to teamwork and to a broad variety of working methods.
Employers are requested to:
- Grant their employees a special leave of absence for the training period and relieve them of job-related tasks for the duration of the MGG Academy.
- Cover the costs of the round trip to and from Germany.
- Come to an agreement ensuring the living standards of the employee’s relatives in their home country.
- Support their employees in transferring the newly acquired competencies to their job.
A global learning journey:
Participants explore solutions for the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and broaden their perspectives by learning from peers with other sectroal and national backgrounds.
A dialogue-oriented and interactive approach:
The Academy combines a broad range of working methods, including practical experience and participatory approaches, training, lectures and discussions with experts, study trips and peer coaching.
A life-long network:
MGG participants build up intense interpersonal contacts to their peers and have access to the MGG network of institutions.
Staff qualification with a global perspective:
MGG Alumni contribute an international network and a global perspective. They have developed their leadership competencies and possess a profound ability to address global governance issues in their institutions’ work.
Opportunities for new forms of cooperation
on innovative ideas, concepts and projects.
Partnership in a vibrant global network
of institutions from rising powers and Germany/ Europe contributing to the implementation of the 2030 Agenda.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the German Development Institute Managing Global Governance (MGG) Academy 2023