Application Deadline: April 26th 2017
The GEF (Global Environment Facility), UNIDO (the United Nations Industrial Development Organization) and TIA (the Technology Innovation Agency) in South Africa are implementing the GCIP (Global Cleantech Innovation Programme) for SMEs to promote clean technology innovation and supporting SMEs and start-ups working on solutions related to energy efficiency, green buildings, renewable energy, Transportation, waste beneficiation and water efficiency.
- The programme combines a competition and a business accelerator to offer participants progressing through the programme extensive mentoring, training, access to investors and opportunities to showcase their innovations to the media and the public.
- Participants stand a chance to win a cash award and national business support awards, in addition to a trip to Silicon Valley, CA, to participate in the Cleantech Open Global Forum.
- The programme offers participants extensive training and mentoring, access to potential partners, customers and investors, opportunities to showcase their innovations, and a chance to win a monetary prize and a fully sponsored trip to San Francisco.
Technology innovations should contribute to GHG mitigation through solutions in one or more of the following categories:
- Energy Efficiency
- Renewable Energy
- Waste Beneficiation
- Water Efficiency
- Green Building
- Be new and ground-breaking; or an adaptation of existing technologies; or use existing technologies in unique applications
- Demonstrate a feasible concept or product with potential for commercialization
- Have protectable Intellectual Property
- Technology Stage: Proof of concept up to pre-commercialization
- Team Size: At least two people, one of whom needs to be a South African resident, citizen or legal alien
How to Apply:
Applications should be submitted online at: www.southafrica.cleantechopen.org
For More Information: