Application deadline: 30 September 2013 6pm (Pacific Time)
Google RISE Awards are designed to support organizations that promote access to Computer Science education and give students aged 7-18 the opportunity to become creators – and not just consumers – of tomorrow’s technological innovations. We award funding to, and partner with, organizations running programs that inspire, engage, and retain students on a long-term path in the field of computing.
Organizations are chosen based on their focus on underrepresented minorities in the field and position as changemakers in their respective countries for Computer Science at the K-12/Pre-University level. We are especially focused on partnering with organizations that specifically target girls and currently have the potential to scale their efforts and reach more girls around the world.
Organizations are eligible to apply if they are either:
- Running a successful program in CS that they want to expand in terms of reach and depth of impact.
- Currently running a successful wide-reaching program in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) that they want to grow to include CS.
- At a minimum, programs should have regional reach (city, county or state) with the potential to scale nationally and collaborate internationally with similar organizations.
- Programs must target girls and/or underrepresented minority students up to the age of 18. This is not open to programs targeting students already enrolled in University.
- Previous RISE awardees may apply if adding a new dimension to former programs.
A partnership with Google RISE involves:
- Funding between $15,000 and $50,000 USD
- Membership to the community of current and past Google RISE partners
- Invitation to the annual global summit
- Consultancy with Google experts on technical tools & organizational development for a period of one year
- Volunteer support from Google engineers (where available)
In return, selected partners are asked to:
- Keep us updated by submitting 4 quarterly reports on activities
- Actively engage in the RISE community by sharing resources, ideas and expertise with other partners
- Demonstrate growth in the reach of their program over the year
ow to apply:
The 2014 RISE application period will open from August 1 to September 30, 2013. Recipients will be notified of their grant award in December 2013.
To apply, please click on the appropriate link below by language. You will be taken to our partner site, E-Resources, where you will create a username and profile to access and complete your application.
To apply in either English, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, or French, click here.