Application Deadline: April 9, 2019
Google Summer of Code is a global program focused on bringing more student developers into open source software development. Students work with an open source organization on a 3 month programming project during their break from school.
Spend your summer break writing code and learning about open source development while earning a stipend! Accepted students work with a mentor and become a part of the open source community. Many become lifetime open source developers!
Google Summer of Code is open to university students, age 18 and older in most countries.
- Mentor organizations must run an active open source or free software project.
- Have produced and released software under an OSI approved license.
- Must not be based in a country currently embargoed by the United States.
- Must be at least 18 years old at time of registration.
- Must be enrolled in or accepted into an accredited institution including (but not necessarily limited to) colleges, universities, masters programs, PhD programs and undergraduate programs as of the GSoC Student Acceptance Date (May 6, 2019).
- Must be eligible to work in their country of residence during duration of program.
- Must be a resident of a country not currently embargoed by the United States.
Student Application Period
March 25, 2019 – April 9, 2019 Students can register and submit their applications to mentor organizations. All proposals must be submitted by April 9, 2019 14:00 (Eastern Daylight Time).
Application Review Period
April 9, 2019 – May 6, 2019 Organizations review and select student proposals.
Student Projects Announced
May 6, 2019 Accepted students are paired with a mentor and start planning their projects and milestones.
May 6 – 27, 2019 Students spend a month learning more about their organization’s community.
May 27, 2019 – August 19, 2019 Students work on their Google Summer of Code projects.
while time.now() < deadline: code() and debug() and document()
June 24 – 28, 2019
July 22 – 26, 2019 Mentors and students submit their evaluations of one another. These evaluations are a required step of the program.
Students Submit Code and Final Evaluations
August 19 – 26, 2019 Students submit their code, project summaries, and final evaluations of their mentors.
Mentors Submit Final Evaluations
August 26, 2019 – September 2, 2019 Mentors review student code samples and determine if the students have successfully completed their Google Summer of Code 2019 project.
September 3, 2019 Students are notified of the pass/fail status of their Google Summer of Code 2019 projects.
For More Information: