Application Deadline: 8 January 2017.
The CrossCulture Internships programme (CCP) of ifa (Institut fur Auslandsbeziehungen) provides young professionals from the Middle East, North Africa and Central/Southeast Asia with an opportunity to undertake 8-to-12-week internships in Germany. In return, young Germans have an opportunity to experience living and working in Islamic countries. The programme is funded by the Federal Foreign Office as part of its foreign cultural and educational policy, thus laying a broad foundation for stable international relations, along with creating political and economic ties.
- The CrossCulture Internships programme (CCP) is aimed at committed professionals from Islamic countries and Germany.
- Applicants should have completed their professional training and are required to have a
long-term involvement with an organisation in their home country, either as an employee, freelancer or volunteer.
- A very good command of English is a precondition.
- Knowledge of the host country’s language is an advantage, but not essential.
- Applicants should be aged between 23 and 45 years.
Which countries take part in the CrossCulture Programme?
- Palestinian Territories
- Saudi Arabia
- Republic of the Sudan
Length and Benefits of Internship
- CCP offers internships between 8 and 12 weeks within the field of expertise of its participants.
CCP fellows from abroad receive a monthly scholarship of 550 Euro. In addition, the following costs are met by the project:
- Return flight
- Health insurance
- Accommodation at destination (town of the host organisation)
- Monthly ticket for the public transport at destination
- Transport and accomodation for the intercultural workshop in Stuttgart
German CrossCulture fellows receive a monthly scholarship of 1,100 Euro on their bank account. This covers accommodation and public transport costs in the host country. The costs of visa fees and return flight are reimbursed. Health insurance for Germans abroad will be concluded by ifa for the duration of the CrossCulture Internship.
The application has to be submitted online via this application portal.
Please prepare the following documents which are compulsory for the upload:
1. a letter of motivation, describing your reasons to apply for an internship in Germany, your expectations (experiences and learning) as well as the period most suitable for your participation.
2. your CV with information about your current professional position
3. recommendation by your home organisation, showing their interest for your participation in the programme and their willingness to grant you a leave of absence. You can find a template for this recommendation on our website.
4. a portrait photograph
Please note: Only complete applications including the a.m. documents will be processed! We strongly recommend therefore to use a computer for your application which allows you to upload the requested information.
Applications via smartphone or tablet should be avoided since no documents can be attached.
For More Information: