Application Deadline: September 1st 2016
Under the IFITT ICT4D Scholarship (Information and Communication Technologies for Development), IFITT (The International Federation for IT in Travel and Tourism) will fund young talents coming from developing/emerging countries to provide a positive impact onto their respective communities through the application of information and communication technology (ICT).
Submission should be connected with a Master or PhD thesis, having a clear orientation to the application of ICT in local development through tourism or related activities. Award recipients will present their work during the PhD workshop at ENTER2017 eTourism Conference.
1. Applicant must be enrolled in a university program, either for PhD (priority) or Master (or equivalent), in the listed eligible countries. Evidences of enrollment should be included in the application.
2. Applicant may also have a research/work contract with a university (e.g., as a researcher, a lecturer, etc.) in the listed eligible countries. The contract should NOT expire until at least six (6) months after ENTER2017 (i.e., July 2017). Evidences of research/work contract should be included in the application.
3. Eligible countries include priority countries (i.e., low-income economies) and other eligible countries (i.e., lower-middle-income economies and upper-middle-income economies). Please see the list of eligible countries in the following subsection.
4. The 2017 IFITT ICT4D committee will make decision on the scholarship awards. Committee members are elected by IFITT board.
5. Scholarship will be ONLY awarded in relation to ENTER2017. IFITT will issue an invitation letter to successful candidates, conditional to participation in ENTER2017.
6. Each candidate is responsible for obtaining a valid travel visa and will have to cover all cost that occurs from that.
7. Every applicant can apply only one time per year.
Submission guidelines are similar to the one of ENTER2017 PhD workshop.
1. Research proposals should be a maximum length of seven (7) A4-sized pages and typically include the following headings:
Page 1: Motivation Letter
• Why it is important to attend ENTER2017 and the PhD Workshop
Page 2-6: Research Outline
• Problem definition
• Literature review
• Conceptual development
• Proposed methodology
• Anticipated results
Page 7: Local development
• Relevance of research for local development
Page 8: Submission Checklist
• Please refer to the last page of this document
2. Curriculum vitae and evidences of PhD/Master enrolment and/or university contract should be attached to the application (no page limit). Please refer to eligibility criteria.
3. In your submission, please also indicate your progress toward thesis/research completion (e.g., thinking about it, just beginning the process, completed proposal, etc.).
4. Each submission will undergo a review process.
- The scholarship consists of an assignment of a tutor, a non-cash prize for participation at ENTER2017 eTourism Conference (comprising of return travel from home country to conference venue, accommodation, and conference fee), and free IFITT membership for one year.
Conditions of the Non-Cash Prize
The non-transferable, non-cash prize consists of:
• An invitation from IFITT to attend ENTER2017 eTourism Conference in Rome (Italy) from 23rd to 26th January 2017.
• Return international economy flights to the nearest airport from the nearest major airport to the candidate’s university.
• Accommodation for four nights.
• Return transfer from/to airport to city accommodation at the destination.
Participants are also required to prepare a poster presentation, which will be displayed throughout the entire ENTER2017 conference. The best research proposal will receive an award and will be recognized at the main conference event!
- Step 1: Please download the PhD-Workshop Author Advice as a style guide (Author Advice).
- Step 2: Submit your proposal via Easy Chair (Please Select ICT4D Scholarship). Please note: the submission should consist of ONE single file.
- Submission Deadline: September 1st, 2016(*)
- Initial Feedback: September 26th, 2016(*)
- Submission of Revised Proposal: October 10th, 2016(*)
- Final Acceptance: October 31st, 2016(*)
- PhD Workshop: January 23rd, 2017
- ENTER2017 Conference: January 24th – 26th, 2017
(*)Please note that submission deadlines differ from the one of PhD workshop in order to facilitate necessary visa procedure
Enquiries: Iis Tussyadiah ([email protected]).
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the IFITT ICT4D Scholarships 2017
please send me Undergraduate 2016/2017 to study in China India Canada and German i am from Guinea-Bissau i hope my message will be glad if my situation has been solved i am waiting for ant information and any decision has been made from you.
Pls send me a fully funded work contest on belle-lettres where my research work can be displayed