Application Deadline: March 13, 2017 11:59 p.m., U.S. Eastern time, Monday,
The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ), in partnership with the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF), is recruiting for Early Childhood Development Reporting Fellows.
ICFJ will recruit 10 Early Childhood Development Reporting Fellows from Bangladesh, Brazil, India, Kenya, Nigeria and Tanzania. During the year-long program, the Fellows will receive training, mentoring and financial support to produce stories on nutrition and early-childhood development.
Two more groups of fellows will be recruited over the next two years. The goal of the fellowships is to improve news coverage of child health and form a global network of reporters covering this critically-important issue.
- The Fellowship is open to journalists covering issues of child health and development for news outlets based in Bangladesh, Brazil, India, Kenya, Nigeria and Tanzania.
- Successful applicants must be employed by a news outlet or have a commitment to publish/broadcast from a news outlet to participate.
The Judging Process:
- The winners will be selected by an international panel of judges that includes media professionals and representatives from ICFJ and CIFF.
- Selection will be based on professional qualifications, relevant experience, previous reporting on childhood development, and demonstrated impact on policy or development issues.
To become a 2017 Fellow, candidates must complete a Fellowship application. Applicants should include
• A resume or CV
• Examples of stories produced on early-childhood development
• A reporting-project proposal that outlines story ideas the Fellow will pursue and a reporting and publishing/broadcasting plan
For More Information: