Application Deadline: May 10, 2017 midnight (Italian time)
Pursuant to the provisions of Law 288/55 and subsequent changes and additions and with a view to implementing bilateral cultural agreements and the related Executive Programs, as well as multilateral agreements, intergovernmental Agreements and specific Conventions for supporting Special Internationalization Projects with Universities, Research Institutes and Higher Artistic Training Centres in Italy, the Ministry for Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation awards scholarships for studying in Italy both to foreign citizens and to Italian citizens living abroad (IRE) for the Academic Year 2017-2018. The aim of these scholarships is to foster international cultural cooperation, spread the knowledge of the Italian language, culture and science, as well as promote the Italian economic and technological system throughout the world.
- The Italian citizens employed by Public Ad ministration offices, as well as their family members–although temporarily living abroad–cannot be granted IREs scholarships.
Academic qualificationsForeign students or IREs may apply if they have the academic qualificationsrequired for enrolling in the institution chosen.
Age limitsCandidates may apply if aged between 18 and 36 years on the expiry date of thiscall for applications.
For those who apply for the first year of a PhD program the maximum age limit is 33 years on the expiry date of this call for applications.Candidates may apply for training/refresher courses for Italian language teachersif aged between 18 and 45 years on the expiry date of this call for proposals.
Language skills and proficiencyCandidates shall submit a certificate showing their knowledge and proficiency inthe Italian language, starting from the B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages(CEFR):
- The knowledge of the Italian language is not required for enrolling in the university courses fully provided in English.
This type of scholarships can be granted for research project carried out within the
- HEALTH AND MEDICAL INSURANCE
- The candidate to whom a MAECI Scholarship is granted shall be credited the related allowance on a quarterly basis with the Italian bank account in his name. ( see Guidelines for the scholarship holderhttp://www.esteri.it/mae/it/ministero/servizi/stranieri/opportunita/borsestudio_stranieri.html).
- The payment of the scholarship shall be made after the scholarship holder’s enrolling in the institution chosen, according to the necessary administrative time schedule and deadlines.
- In some cases the candidate to whom a MAECI Scholarship is granted shall receive the monthly allowances from the following University with which MAECI has reached agreements for the academic year 2017-2018. http://www.esteri.it/mae/it/ministero/servizi/stranieri/opportunita/borsestudio_stranieri.html :
- Applications shall be sent only electronically, by accessing the “Portale borse online” from the MAECI website: http://www.esteri.it/mae/it/ministero/servizi/stranieri/opportunita/borsestudio_stranieri.html after registering to access the registration form by means of username and password
- Candidates from Libya can apply only if they were granted a MAECI Scholarship in the academic year 2016-2017. Any renewal or continuation of the scholarship is granted only to the applicants who certify they have passed the exams required for each academic year.
For More Information: