Application Deadline: April 30th, 2018 2 pm (Central European Time)
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) offers grants in favor of foreign citizens not residing in Italy and Italian citizens living abroad (IRE)* for the academic year 2018-2019 in order to foster international cultural, scientific and technological cooperation, to promote Italian language and culture and to support Italy’s economic system in the world (According to Law 288/55 and its subsequent changes and additions).
- Applicants who will meet the following requirements by the deadline of this call ( April 30th, 2018) may apply for a grant.
- Academic qualifications
Applications must only be submitted by foreign students not residing in Italy and by Italian citizens living abroad (IRE)* holding an appropriate academic qualification required to enroll to the Italian University/Institute
Age requirementsApplicants for Master’s Degree/Higher Education in Arts, Music, and Dance (AFAM) Programmes/Italian Language and Culture Courses should not be over 28 years old by the deadline of this call, with the sole exception of renewals.
Applicants for PhD Programmes should not be over 30 years old by the deadline of this call,with the sole exception of renewals.
Applicants for Research Projects under academic supervision should not be over 40 years old by the deadline of this call.
Language proficiencyApplicants must provide a certificate of their proficiency in Italian language. The minimum level required is B2 within the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR):(https://www.linguaitaliana.esteri.it/data/lingua/corsi/pdf/tabella_certificazioni.pdf).
Proof of proficiency in Italian is not required for courses entirely taught in English.
Courses for which grants are available:
- Master’s Degree (Laurea Magistrale 2° ciclo)
- Courses of Higher Education in Arts, Music, and Dance (AFAM)
- PhD programmes
- Research under academic supervision (Progetti in co-tutela)
- Italian Language and Culture Courses
- Grants are awarded for a period of study from October 1st, 2018 to September 30th, 2019.
- Applicants must complete and submit the online application form available upon registration at the following link: https://studyinitaly.esteri.it
- Click here to access the registration form https://studyinitaly.esteri.it/registrazione
- Applications must be submitted by 2 pm (Central European Time) April 30th, 2018.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Italian government Scholarships 2018/2019