Submission Deadline:September 9, 2016 at 24:00 (JST)
Japan Foreign Trade Council (JFTC) is sponsoring JFTC Essay Competition 2016 to encourage students, young researchers and business people to express their opinions on matters of national and international importance.
Japan Foreign Trade Council, Inc. (JFTC) was founded in June 1947 as a core private-sector organization in the area of international trade, with nationwide membership of private companies and organizations. Its direct antecedents comprised four trade promoting organizations which functioned in the early postwar years prior to the re-commencement of private trade.
“Searching for a New Initiative in Global Trade and the Role of Japanese Companies.”
- Anyone can apply for the essay competition, regardless of nationality or age.
- Language : English (4,000words) or Japanese (10,000characters). Each essay MUST BE accompanied by an essay summary of no more than 400words in English/ 1,000 Japanese characters.* One diagram or chart is counted as 200 words. If the number of the words, including diagram or charts, is less than half of 4,000 words or more than the limitation, such work could be disqualified.
- One Grand Prize of ¥1,000,000
- Three Prizes for Excellence of ¥200,000 each
- The award winners from abroad will be provided with a round-trip air ticket to Tokyo, Japan to attend the award ceremony to be held on January 5, 2017.
- Essays must be submitted in the specified format sheet downloaded from the JFTC website. Unless both essay title and summary are presented, such application shall be deemed incomplete and will NOT be evaluated.
- All submissions must be original and should be submitted with an entry form completely filled out.
- When you indicate sources cited, please put them concisely. Submitted work will not be returned.
- Essays developed by teams will be accepted under the name of the representative of the team. Please be noted that when an essay developed by a team were awarded, only the representative of the team would be invited. When the result of the evaluation is announced, the name of the team is publicized.
Please send us your constructive suggestions from a global viewpoint based on innovative ideas for a new meaning of “global trade and the role of Japanese companies” which would enable sustained prosperity in the world.
|Chair||Mr. Atsushi Nakajima, Chairman, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry, IAA|
|Vice Chair||Ms. Kaori Iida, Senior Editor, Economic News Division, NHK (Japan Broadcasting Corporation)|
|Vice Chair||Dr. Keiichiro Kobayashi, Professor, Faculty of Economics, Keio University|
- Award winners will be publicly announced on December 9, 2016.
- The award winners from abroad will be provided with a round trip air ticket to Tokyo, Japan to attend the award ceremony to be held on January 5, 2017.
For More Information: