Application Deadline: March 1, 2022.
KidsRights annually awards the prestigious International Children’s Peace Prize to a child who fights courageously for children’s rights. The winner receives:
- The “Nkosi” statuette which depicts a child that sets the world in motion
- A study and care grant to enable the child to obtain an education
- A project fund of € 100.000, which is invested by KidsRights in relevant children’s rights projects that are closely connected to the winner’s area of work
In addition, winning the International Children’s Peace Prize gives the winner a global platform to promote their work.
The nomination requirements are the following:
- Any person above the age of 18 or an organization can nominate a child
- The child must be between the age of 12 and 17 by the time of the nomination deadline
- The child can be from any country in the world
- The child must have a demonstrable history of standing up and fighting for the rights of children, including himself or herself
- The child needs to be able to travel abroad and feel comfortable communicating with other people
- The child agrees to being nominated for the International Children’s Peace Prize
Each year the International Children’s Peace Prize winner is selected from nominations from all over the world. An Expert Committee assesses the candidates and comprises a selected list of nominees.
The shortlisted nominees are reviewed and investigated by KidsRights. A local visit to a nominee may also be part of the review process. After all the reviews are done, the Expert Committee then selects the winner of the International Children’s Peace Prize.
For More Information: