Application Deadline: March 29th 2021
Created in 1998, the L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science International Awards recognize and support eminent women in science throughout the world. Each year, five Laureates are recognized for their contributions to the advancement of science, in Life Sciences or Physical Sciences, Mathematics and Computer Science in alternating years.
AWARD(S) OF THE PRIZE
- 15 endowments for doctoral students and 5 for post-doctoral students,
- Training in Leadership, Management, Negotiation and Communication
AMOUNT PER ENDOWMENT
- €10.000 for doctoral students,
- €15.000 for post-doctoral students
MAIN ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Be a PhD student or have obtained a PhD in the following scientific fields: Life and Environmental sciences, Physical sciences, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer and information sciences
- Be from one of the 48 countries in the sub-Saharan African region, and work in a research laboratory or institution in one of the countries of the region, or be enrolled in a University in one of the 49 countries of the region (including South Africa).OR
- Be from one of the 49 countries in the sub-Saharan African region (including South Africa) and work in a research laboratory or institution in one of the 48 countries of the region, or be enrolled in a University in one of the 48 countries of sub-Saharan Africa.
- Scientific excellence of the research project
- Quality of the application
- Ability to communicate and promote science
For More Information: