To support small medium enterprises; we are launching an SME mentorship program called the Investment Preparation Program. This is a business development program aimed at identifying and supporting high potential SME’s to become investment ready.
Mooto Holdings Ltd is an investment and business advisory firm for small medium enterprises operating in the Greatlakes Region (Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda). The firm runs an investment portfolio in agriculture, Fintech and consultancy. Mooto Holdings Ltd provides business development services which include business planning, business profiling, proposal writing, accounting services, financial reporting and fundraising.
To support small medium enterprises; we are launching an SME mentorship program called the Investment Preparation Program. This is a business development program aimed at identifying and supporting high potential SME’s to become investment ready. After realizing the challenges faced by SME’s to access finance to either launch or expand their operation, the program has been specifically designed to unlock these challenges and make the SME’s attractive to financiers.
- Must be a resident and the business must be registered in any of our target countries (Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania, Kenya, Rwanda)
- The business must be fully registered.
- The business must have demonstrated capacity to generate revenue through paying customers.
- Internet connection: every participant should have access to good internet connection because the program will be undertaken remotely with regular virtual communications.
- Electronic device: every participant must have an electronic device which connects to the internet, this can be a smart phone, laptop, desk top or tablet for as long as the participant will be able to access the internet.
- English proficiency: the program will be delivered in English therefore all participants should have good English proficiency, both written and oral.
The program will be implemented in two phases, with the first phase lasting for a month while the second phase shall be on a continuous basis. Below are the detailed activities for each phase:
Phase 1: Business Development
This first phase of the programme is for business development support to assist the participants to become investment ready. This stage will be launched through a 1 day virtual business workshop to orient the participants. This will be followed by a series of online engagements on the following business development aspects:
- Business Planning: participants will be oriented on how to structure a good business plan, its content and be tasked to complete a business plan template that will be used to formulate a standard business plan for their enterprise.
- Business Profiling: Participants will be oriented on how to structure a good business profile, its content and be tasked to complete a business profile template that will be used to formulate a standard business profile for the enterprise.
- Digital Marketing: participants will be oriented on how to leverage digital technology to grow their businesses through digital profiling and marketing.
- Financial Accounting and Reporting: participants will be oriented on how to effectively keep proper accounting records through a web based business management system called EaseOnTrack. Participants will also be assisted to formulate two years financial reports for their businesses.
The above mentioned activities will be undertaken within four weeks of engagement with the program participants. After the four weeks period, each participant shall be provided with the following:
- A standard Business Plan with 5 years financial forecast’s.
- A company profile.
- Two years financial statements (Income statement, Balance sheet & Cash flow statement).
- Three Months accounting system access
- Fundraising support from Mooto Holdings Ltd
Phase 2: Fundraising
During this phase of the program, Mooto Holdings Ltd will undertake fundraising for all program participants. This will include identifying funding opportunities that the participants qualify for, preparing and submitting their proposals to the financier, providing the financier with any further information during the due diligence process and guide the program participant to negotiate a fair deal at the contracting stage. This will be undertaken on a continuous basis until the participant decides they no longer need the support of Mooto holdings Ltd and withdraw from the program. To support the program operations each participant will contribute 5% commission on all funds raised.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Mooto Holdings Investment Preparation Program