Application Deadline: 13th July, 2019
Are you a First year or continuing student pursuing first degree education in any of the public tertiary institutions in Ghana requiring financial assistance? The MTN Ghana Foundation has launched a scholarship scheme to support 100 brilliant and needy Ghanaians to complete their tertiary education. 300 scholarship awards would be given over a period of three years and beneficiaries will be selected from all 10 regions of Ghana. This scholarship will cover the cost of Tuition, Accommodation and a Stipend for books and other relevant reading materials.
For about two decades, 1000s of Ghanaian youth have been supported by MTN Ghana Foundation to pursue various courses at different levels of education in Ghana through the Scholarship scheme
- Must be a citizen of Ghana
- Must be proven to be;
c) Be hard-working with excellent academic results
(An applicant in the first year of any public tertiary institution in Ghana should have credit passes in six (6) subjects with overall aggregate of 24 at the WASSCE/SSSCE respectively.
Three of the six subjects should be core subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies and three must be in relevant electives.
For the purposes of this Scholarship, a credit pass in:
i. WASSCE means A1 – C6
ii. SSSCE means A – D
A continuing student applicant should have a minimum GPA of 3.0
d) Be involved in extra curricula activities.
e) Be proven to be without any academic disciplinary issue and/or must not be serving a bond to be of good behavior.
- Continuing students and first year students in any accredited public tertiary institution in Ghana who meet all criteria may apply.
- Provide a one page letter of motivation indicating why MTN Foundation should award you a scholarship for your education, including what your educational and professional goals are.
- Attach WASSCE results, admission letters and written Testimonials from your Senior High School. Please note that thorough checks will be made on all documents submitted.
- Application must be submitted together with valid contact details (Phone number/E-mail address).
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified and invited to meet the scholarship panel.
- An applicant who enjoys any form of educational scholarship should not apply.
- Priority would be given to persons pursuing courses in ICT, Computer Science, and Engineering. WOMEN, and PERSONS with disability are especially encouraged to apply.
Attach a one page letter of motivation or reason indicating why MTN Foundation should award you a scholarship for your education. This should touch on what your educational and professional goals are.
• Attach WASSCE/ SSSCE results, admission letter and written testimonials from your Senior High School.
• Attach evidence of Ghanaian citizenship
• Date of submission of application (Between 13th June 2019 to 13th July, 2019)
For More Information: