Essay Deadline: November 14, 2014
Essay Topic: Understanding the activities of the Nigerian capital market is important for today’s youth. Discuss
The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) is pleased to announce the commencement of the 13th edition of its annual Essay Competition. The NSE Essay Competition, themed “Building a Sustainable Capital Market”, is one of the Exchange’s financial literacy and inclusion initiatives aimed at building a financially savvy generation.
- The Competition is open to only students in Senior Secondary Schools
- Entries must be written in English and be the original work of the writer
- Entrants must submit essay on the competitions entry form and complete all the mandatory ﬁelds.
- The maximum word-counts are 1000 words
- Entries will be disqualiﬁed if they fail to meet these requirements
|Recipient||1st Place||2nd Place||3rd Place|
|Student||*N300,000 worth of shares*N400,000 scholarship fund for university education* Tablet||*N200,000 worth of shares*N300,000 scholarship fund for university education* Tablet||*N100,000 worth of shares*N200,000 scholarship fund for university education* Tablet|
|School||*Trophy* Three PCs and a printer||*Trophy* Two PCs and a printer||*Trophy* PC and a printer|
Consolation Prizes for 7 National Winners: Certificate of Accomplishment and Mini Laptop
Notes for Guidance
- Entries must be the original work of the writer. This does not rule out input or assistance from others
- Entrants are encouraged to be creative in their response to a topic
- Entries must respond to the topic
- Award-winning entrants are expected to show originality, focus on topic and competent use of English as a written language. This includes correct spelling, a good standard of punctuation and neat presentation.
How to Enter:
- Download the Nigerian Stock Exchange Essay Competition Application Form
- Send your completed entry form/essay via e-mail to [email protected] or submit your essay online at www.facebook.com/TheNigerianStockExchange.
- You can also send your completed entry form/essay through any of Nigerian Stock Exchange branches.
- For More Information:Visit the Official Webpage of the Nigerian Stock Exchange Essay Competition