Application Deadline: March 22nd 2021
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), operator of the SPDC Joint Venture, is delighted to announce the tenth annual NNPC/SPDC_JV Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship for applicants from Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers states. The objective of the scholarship programme is to provide postgraduate study opportunity in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry for qualifying students from these Niger Delta states.
In the ten years of this programme, 100 students have won the opportunity to study at top-rated universities in the UK on full scholarship. For the academic year commencing September 2021, SPDC in partnership with three universities in the UK; Imperial College London, University of Leeds and the University of Aberdeen will award scholarships for one-year post-graduate M.Sc. studies.
The following courses qualify for award of scholarships at the three institutions:
|IMPERIAL COLLEGE LONDON||MSc Petroleum EngineeringMSc Applied Computational Science and Engineering|
|UNIVERSITY OF ABERDEEN||MSc GeophysicsMSc Safety & Reliability Engineering for Oil & GasMSc Advanced Chemical Engineering|
|UNIVERSITY OF LEEDS||MSc Exploration GeophysicsMSc Electronic/Electrical Engineering|
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must;
- display intellectual ability and leadership potential
- have an adequate standard of English (at least 6.5 in IELTS) and meet the College’s language requirement
- have been offered admission to study on one of the Eligible Courses at the College having applied through the normal application process
- already hold (or expect to hold by the time of taking up the Scholarship) a degree of an equivalent standard to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree
- must have completed the National Youth Service by September 2021
- be ordinarily resident in Rivers, Imo, Delta or Bayelsa State of Nigeria, and intend to return to Nigeria at the end of the period of study
- have not already had the chance of studying in the UK or other developed country
- be aged between 21-28 years by 30/09/2021
- currently reside in Nigeria
- plan to return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of study
- have a Nigerian international passport valid till December 2021
- Employees, employees’ relatives (or former employees who have left employment less than 5 years) of SPDC, Royal Dutch SHELL Group of Companies or the College will not be eligible to apply for the scholarships
- Submit an application for admission to any of the participating universities for any of the qualifying courses.
- Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of the Imperial College London, the University of Leeds and University of Aberdeen, following a formal offer of admission by the university.
- The universities will process applications and select candidates who will attend interviews with SPDC before being considered for final selection.
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities not later than March 22, 2021.
The scholarship will cover tuition, one economy return-flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only*.
MORE INFORMATION ON SPECIFIC COURSE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS CAN BE OBTAINED from the websites of the three individual universities.
- *Please note that the stipends (living expenses) are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only.
- This is a non-committal scholarship. Note that NEITHER SPDC NOR any Shell company is obligated to offer employment of any sort to any candidate upon graduation, neither are successful candidates bonded to SPDC for any period of time on account of the scholarship award.
- SPDC will only provide a medical insurance in line with UK Student Visa requirements.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the SPDC 2021 Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship
I am interested