Application Deadline: November 30th 2018
Sponsored by Continental Reinsurance, the Pan-African Re/Insurance Journalism Awards recognise the outstanding work of journalists on re/insurance from across the continent. Successful candidates have to demonstrate how their articles have raised awareness and understanding of the re/insurance sector in Africa.
The awards are an extension of Continental Reinsurance’s continued commitment to the advancement of excellence in the industry. The Pan-African Re/Insurance Awards were launched in April 2015.
- Submission can be either a published article (print or online)or a broadcasted radio/television clip in English or French.
- The review period is the 12 months leading up to the submission deadline date. Entrants have to be based in an African country.
- Only 1 article can be entered for each category. You can submit either a print, online or broadcast (radio/TV) article for the The Pan-African Re/Insurance Journalist of the Year category.
A 250-words motivation note explaining the reason for creating the article/clip.
Include your name, media organisation, the publishing/broadcasting date, a brief profile and a photo.
Submission can be either a published article or (print or online),a broadcasted radio/television clip in English or French. The review period is the 12 months leading up to the submission deadline date. Entrants have to be based in an African country.
The categories in the 2019 awards are:
- Pan-African Re/Insurance Journalist of the Year
- Best Re/Insurance Print Article
- Best Re/Insurance Broadcast (TV/Radio) Article
- Best Re/Insurance Online Article
An international judging panel comprising industry experts and academics in journalism will review and select the winner entries.
The judging panel will evaluate all submitted material according to the quality of information and how it contributes to raising awareness of the insurance and reinsurance sector in Africa.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Pan-African Re/Insurance Journalism Awards 2019