Application Deadline: 30th November, 2015
Eligibility Deadline: 31st, December 2015
When: 19-23 March 2016, Kribi, Cameroon.
- Are you a young African peace activist looking for the key to self-development to help you in your life and work?
- Would you like to learn how to develop your own inner peace in order to engage more effectively in your peace work?
Peace Revolution once again, offers you the opportunity to develop a strong peace culture based on the principle of Peace In Peace Out. In cognizance of the special need to develop young peace activists who can respond to the needs of the continent, Peace Revolution will once again host an exclusive regional fellowship for countries in Central and West Africa in Cameroon.
The training starts with 21 Days online self-development program on our interactive platform providing you the basic theory and practice; develop the tool for inner peace.
The fellowship offers 5 day intensive training program providing participants with deeper insight in the relationship between inner peace and sustainable world peace through mindfulness and meditation and enhancing their ability to create peace within their family, professional and social environment. Hence participants will learn the benefits of meditation in relation to:
- Conflict prevention and resolution
- How to overcome fear and deal with terrorism
- Stress management and non-violent communication
- Self -discipline and Human Rights
- Leadership and the pillars for a Stable and peaceful Society
The fellowship in Cameroon includes:
- Full or partial sponsoring of airfare
- Free accommodation
- Free catering
- Free local transportation
- Meditation retreat fee of 100 USD
- Candidates must be African nationals residing in Central or West Africa as mentioned below
- Candidates should be 20-30 years old at the time of submitting the application in order to receive the airfare support.
- Candidates must have completed 21 days of the online self-development program by October 30th . Note that in order to submit the application form, candidates do not need to have completed the online self-development program.
- Candidates have good proficiency in written and spoken English language. Those who can speak French will have an added advantage.
- Candidates should be optimistic, be open-minded, show leadership potential, and have a genuine interest in peace building.
- Candidates should be young leaders in local, national or international organizations.
- Candidates should send a recommendation letter from their organizations.
- The deadline for submission of application form is 10th October, 2015.
Cameroon, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of the Congo, Sao Tome and Principe, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Chad, South Sudan, Benin, Ghana, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Mauritania, Cape Verde, Senegal, Niger, Guinea Bissau, Mali, Togo, Ghana, Gambia, Burkina Faso, St.Helena
After completing 21 days of the self-development program, the Peace Revolution selection committee will make an interview appointment based on your performance, available fund as well as group combination in each fellowship. There is no need to write a request for an interview. If you are qualified, we will contact you by ourselves.
For More Information:
E-Mail: Molinge Henry, Fellowship Manager at [email protected]