Application Deadline: July 31st 2015
This programme is designed to further qualify future leaders in politics, law, economics and administration according to the principles of Good Governance and to prepare them in a praxis-oriented course for their professional life.
The programme offers very good graduates with a first university degree the chance to obtain a Master’s degree in disciplines that are of special relevance for the social, political and economic development of their home country. With this programme, DAAD intends to contribute to the support of Good Governance and civil society structures in selected partner countries and regions.
The following Master courses can be undertaken at selected Universities.
- Hertie School of Governance, Berlin: Master of Public Policy (MPP)
- Universität Duisburg-Essen: M.A. Development and Governance
- Willy Brandt School of Public Policy at the University of Erfurt: Master of Public Policy (MPP)
- Leuphania Universität Lüneburg: Public Economics, Law and Politics (PELP)
- Hochschule Osnabrück: Management in Non-Profit Organisationen
- Universität of Osnabrück: Master Demokratisches Regieren und Zivilgesellschaft
- Univeristät Passau: Governance and Public Policy – Staatswissenschaften
- Universität Potsdam: Public Policy and Management
- DAAD pays a monthly scholarship rate of currently 750 €.
- The scholarship also includes contributions to health insurance in Germany.
- In addition, DAAD grants an appropriate travel allowance as well as a study and research subsidy and in applicable cases rent subsidies and / or family allowances.
- DAAD-scholarship holders are exempt from tuition fees.
- Very well qualified graduates with a first university degree (Bachelor or equivalent) who in the future want to actively contribute to the social and economic development of their home countries.
- The scholarships are offered both for young graduates without professional experience and for mid-career professionals.
- The scholarship scheme is open to candidates from Africa, Latin America, South Asia, Southeast Asia as well as from countries in the Middle East (see list of countries).
Please submit your application for the Master courses and for the DAAD scholarship solely to the Master courses you have selected at the respective university (not DAAD). Please check the deadlines on the homepages of the elected Master courses. You are allowed to submit your application to up to three Master courses listed below.
- Motivation Letter containing a precise description of the applicant’s academic / professional and personal reasons for wishing to participate in the programme
- Full Curriculum Vitae including information about precise field of study and, if applicable, description of job experience
- Copies of all certificates
- Recent language Certificates
- Two letters of recommendation by university professors and/or current or former employer
For More Information: