Application Deadline: June 17th 2020
The International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) is dedicated to furthering innovation and establishing best practices in the field. Thanks to support from YouTube via the Google News Initiative, the IFCN has $1 million in grant funding available for established fact-checking units that are pursuing projects around video production, tools development, audience building, and new formats testing.
Fact-checking units can apply for up to $50,000 each.
- Fact-checking organizations that are verified signatories of the IFCN’s Code of Principles and/or organizations that have been regularly publishing non-partisan fact checks over the last three months are eligible to apply.
- Applicants agree that if they are awarded a grant, the IFCN and YouTube may use data and information they provide in the initial application and subsequent reporting form with other fact-checking organizations.
- Each applicant/organization may only submit one application and a budget of up to $50,000.
Grants will be distributed based on proposals including, but not limited to, the activities below:
- Using video as a tool to disseminate accurate information
- Publishing fact check videos for new and traditional media outlets
- Running campaigns using video to increase media literacy among social media users
- Launching webinar series to train reporters on fact-checking skills
- Developing tools to support fact-checking workflows
- Supporting automation tools such as chatbots, database building, crowdsourcing
- Audience building for sustainability
- Leveraging existing or building new programs for crowdfunding, membership, and fundraising efforts
- New formats and mediums to expand the reach of fact-checking
- Testing and implementing new formats to reach out to wider audiences and have a larger impact
- Building collaborative efforts to tackle misinformation in national and regional scales
For More Information: