Application Deadline: August 22nd, 2018 (11:59 p.m. EST).
The Princeton Society of Fellows, an interdisciplinary group of scholars in the humanities, social sciences, and selected natural sciences, invites applications for the 2019-2022 fellowship competition. Three to five postdoctoral fellows are appointed each year for three-year terms in residence to pursue research and teach half-time in their academic host department, the Program in Humanistic Studies, or other university programs. The fellowships carry with them an appointment as lecturer in the fellow’s host department.
- Two Open Fellowships in any discipline represented in the Society
- One Fellowship in Humanistic Studies
- One Fellowship in LGBT Studies
- Fellows are provided with a salary of approx. $88,800 per year, benefits, a $5,000 research account, access to university grants, a shared office, a personal computer and other resources.
- Fellows are expected to reside in or near Princeton during the academic year in order to attend weekly seminars and participate fully in the intellectual life of the Society. For the 2018-2021 competition, we received 841 applications for four postdoctoral fellowships.
- Applicants holding the Ph.D. at the time of application must have received the degree after January 1, 2017.
- Applicants not yet holding the Ph.D. must have completed a substantial portion of the dissertation-approximately half- at the time of application.
- Successful candidates must fulfill all requirements for the Ph.D., including filing of the dissertation, by June 15, 2019.
- Candidates for/recipients of doctoral degrees in Education, Jurisprudence and from Princeton University are not eligible.
- Applicants may apply only once to the Princeton Society of Fellows.
- Selection is based on exceptional scholarly achievement and evidence of unusual promise, range and quality of teaching experience, and potential contributions to an interdisciplinary community. The Society of Fellows seeks a diverse and international pool of applicants, and especially welcomes those from underrepresented backgrounds.
- Applications must be submitted via the online portal by the application deadline, August 22, 2018 (11:59 p.m. EST). Mailed, emailed or faxed partial or complete applications cannot be considered.
For More Information: