Application Deadline: June 30 2014
Project Inspire: 5 Minutes to Change the World is a joint initiative from the Singapore Committee for UN Women and MasterCard, to help young change-makers create a better world for women and girls in Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Africa.
In August, 10 finalists will be flown to Singapore, where they will spend three days preparing to make their five-minute pitch to the judging panel for the chance to win a US$25,000 grant. The competition is open to non-profit and non-governmental organisations, and social businesses, benefiting women and girls in Asia, the Middle East or Africa.
Project Inspire presents participants with a 5-minute platform to pitch their inspired idea relating to a project to empower women through entrepreneurship and business literacy, and win a US$25,000 grant.
- The project must show creativity and demonstrate the potential to make a sustainable impact on the empowerment of women. To qualify, the project must meet the following requirements:
- The project must be designed to empower disadvantaged women and girls through entrepreneurship and business literacy.
- The project must be based on an existing initiative.
- The beneficiaries of the project must be women or girls in Asia/Pacific, Middle East or Africa.
- The proposed project must not propagate any political views or religious doctrines.
- The project must be designed to be implemented with a budget of US$25,000.
- The winner of this competition must commence the fieldwork for their project by 1 February 2015.
- The competition is open to both males and females.
- Participants may submit entries as an individual or as a team of up to three members.
- If submitting as an individual, you must be between the ages of 18-35. You will be considered as the team leader for the purpose of this competition.
- If submitting as a team, at least one member of the team must be between the ages of 18- 35. A team leader must be chosen and will be between the ages of 18-35.
- The team leader will travel to Singapore to represent your project in the finals. The team leader must attend the entire duration of the finals.
How to Apply
For Your chance to win the $25,000 grant, your project must meet the following requirements:
- Beneficiaries of the project must be women or girls in Asia-Pacific, the Middle East or Africa
- Empower disadvantaged women through entrepreneurship and business literacy
- Can be implemented with a maximum budget of US$25,000
- Fieldwork on the Project must commence no later than February 1, 2015
For More Information: