Application Deadline: June 22nd 2018
Rest and Refuge Scholarship is a project run by Reporters without Borders Germany and taz Panter Foundation, a non-profit organization linked to die tageszeitung (taz), a daily newspaper in Berlin.
Reporters without Borders invite two journalists from countries in crisis or war to stay in Berlin. We offer them a time of refuge and rest up to three months. The first journalist will be invited from September to November 2018, the second from March to May 2019.
- Journalists who need a time out from their difficult working conditions. This might be the case after covering stories in an oppressive environment or after covering stories in war or unrest.
- Journalists who feel the need to lie low awhile and get out of the view of state security because of their journalistic work.
- Travel expenses, a decent apartment, pocket money and free transportation in Berlin for up to three months.
- Participants may completely withdraw from public life, use the time for writing or thinking, or they may want to explore political life in Berlin. Off course we would be of help in that.
Participants have to be able to communicate in basic English or in German. Participants should have a relevant working-experience as journalists. They must have the intention to return to their country after three months.
How to apply
- Please use the application form and send the other requested documents via Mail. The deadline for applications is 17. June 2018. / GnuPG/GPG-Schlüssel.
- Please send us the application form, your CV and the text of your current situation, each as an individual PDF document attached in one e-mail (3 PDFs in total).
For More Information: