Application Deadline: August 30, 2019
Salzburg Global Seminar invites young cultural innovators globally to apply for the 6th annual session of the Young Cultural Innovators Forum.
The Young Cultural Innovators (YCI) Forum is a ten-year program designed to nurture the current generation of young cultural innovators through capacity building, mentoring, and global networking. The network is multi-disciplinary and encompasses creative disciplines ranging from the visual and performing arts, literature, and cultural heritage, to foods, fashion, architecture, and design.
The YCI Forum aims to empower the creative sector as a catalyst of economic, social and urban transformation around the globe by linking individuals and communities connected to the program with one another through programs in Salzburg, follow-up events, inter-hub exchanges, cross-border projects, and other activities.
THE PROGRAM IN SALZBURG
The YCI Forum offers an opportunity for participants to be part of an intensive program taking place at Schloss Leopoldskron in Salzburg, Austria, from October 22 to 27, 2019. Combining theory and practice, with keynote presentations focusing on “big picture” issues facing the cultural sector and with skills-building sessions on entrepreneurial thinking ; human-centered design processes; strategic planning and organizational development; and leadership and values.
THE YCI HUB APPROACH
With the annual program in Salzburg as its cornerstone, the YCI Forum is structured around a network of YCI Hubs in cities and regions around the world.
Each year, up to five YCIs from many of these hubs are selected to join the program in Salzburg. After the Salzburg program, participants continue working together at the local level in their YCI Hub, while also remaining in touch with wider global YCI network worldwide.
Selected participants may be be eligible to receive support to participate in the YCI program, including the session fee, room and board, and travel costs.
CRITERIA FOR APPLICANTS TO THE YCI FORUM
To qualify, all applicants must:
• Be 25–35 years of age.
• Be proficient in English, the working language of the Forum.
• Have at least 2–3 years of professional experience in the arts and culture sector.
• Want to become an active member of the YCI global network, and be prepared to commit time, energy, and resources to sustaining this.
• Aim to create social change and strengthen the position of the arts and cultural institutions within your community.
• Demonstrate creativity in approach to work, openness to innovation and risk-taking, action-orientation, and entrepreneurial inclination.
• Have a cross-sectoral approach to work and demonstrate an interest in building cross-sectoral alliances/partnerships beyond the cultural sector.
• Exhibit passion, enthusiasm, and leadership potential with prizes, awards, recommendations, citations confirming this.
All applicants must submit the following information online using the registration form at my.salzburgglobal.org.
A personal statement (approx. 500 words) detailing:
• Your motivation for applying to the Young Cultural Innovators Forum;
• A description of the biggest issue facing you in your work;
• What you will contribute to the local and global YCI network;
• How your participation will have an impact on your local community.A brief bio (sample on application form).
A headshot photo of yourself.A CV/Resume including name and email address of 2 references. For questions concerning the application please contact Bernadette Prasser ([email protected]).
Please include only the information outlined above.
All applications should be directed to Salzburg Global Seminar.
Candidates will be jointly selected by Salzburg Global Seminar.
Selection will take into consideration regional and cultural diversity as well as a range of artistic disciplines.
For More Information: