Application Deadline: November 20 2013
Applications to Sankalp Awards for Africa are now OPEN for emerging SMEs that can demonstrate the business and social value they are creating with a focus on one of the 6 high impact sectors:
- Agriculture, Food and Livelihoods
- Clean Energy/Technology
- Education and Vocational Training
- Financial Inclusion
- Health, Water or Sanitation
- Technology for Development (including ICT)
To be eligible to apply, enterprises must meet the following criteria:
- Be a for-profit company, registered in an African country with an operational focus in at least one African country. Enterprises should have registered by March 31, 2014
- Have been in operation for more than 6 months and less than 5 years as of November 20, 2013
- Cater to one of the six high impact sectors specified above
Applicants will be assessed by a panel of judges based on the following criteria:
All applying enterprises must demonstrate a proof of concept with sufficient evidence of financial viability.
The enterprise must present a business model that presents a unique proposition, that allows for exponential growth and showcase a high calibre team to deliver the same.
Applicants should clearly present the social or environmental problem that their business seeks to address and demonstrate its impact on beneficiaries.
Sankalp Awards for Africa will offer emerging SMEs in the region a comprehensive package of benefits. Shortlisted enterprises will receive the opportunity to leverage resources and expert advice that will help:
- Strengthen their business strategy
- Deliver a sound investor pitch
- Get closer to fundraising goals
- Access a global network of entrepreneurs and funders
For More Information: