Application Deadline: April 7, 2017.
Submit an idea that will positively impact the lives of the people of West Africa and beyond
A moonshot idea addresses a huge problem, proposes a radical solution, and uses breakthrough technology.
What moonshot idea do you have to positively impact the lives of millions of people in West Africa using exponential technology to address a global grand challenge?
The purpose of the SingularityU West Africa Global Impact Challenge is to foster moonshot innovations and startups that positively impact the lives of people living in the region, with an ability to scale and impact a billion people worldwide in 10 years.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The challenge is open to residents and citizens in the 15 West African countries of Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Côte d’Ivoire, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, and Togo
- You must be age 21 or older on the first day of the GSP
- You must be fluent in written and spoken English
- You must be able to participate for the entire GSP 2017 program from June 17 – August 17, 2017
- Applicants selected as finalists will be interviewed by a panel of judges during the week of April 3.
SingularityU look for people from all professional backgrounds, but will be really thrilled to find you if:
- You’re an accomplished entrepreneur, technologist, scientist, or change agent with expertise in your chosen field(s)
- You have a background in or a passion for addressing climate change or are working to address any of the direct or indirect effects of climate change, such as governance, security, sustainable water supplies, and alternative food or energy sources
- You’re already considering how to leverage exponential technologies to create positive impact in the world
- You’re committed to the long-term journey of launching an impact-focused startup
- The winner of this challenge will secure full sponsorship to attend the prestigious Global Solutions Program at Singularity University.
- The program runs from June 17 to August 17, 2017, and will be held on the SU campus at NASA Research Park in the heart of Silicon Valley.
- All semi-finalists and finalists of this challenge will be invited to participate in an immersive workshop experience in Lagos, Nigeria during the week of April 17.
- Participants will have the opportunity to learn more about exponential technologies and the latest entrepreneurial tools! Make sure you have your passport and visa ready!
- CV or resume
- Summary of accomplishments
- An abstract of the project idea
- A video URL of the project idea
Applications close: April 7, 2017
Finalist decisions: April 11, 2017
Innovation workshop: April 18, 2017
Pitch event & winner announced: April 19, 2017
For More Information: