Application Deadline: July 24th 2016
Title: intern Data Communications
Starting date: as soon as possible
Duration: 6 months (renewable once)
Location: Wageningen, the Netherlands
Closing date for application: 24 July 2016
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is a joint international organization of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU). Its mission is to advance food and nutritional security, increase prosperity and encourage sound natural resource management in ACP countries.
It promotes inclusive value chain development and use of ICTs; supports evidence-based, multi-stakeholder agricultural policies and strategies; facilitates access to information and knowledge; and strengthens the capacities of agricultural and rural development institutions and communities. CTA operates under the framework of the Cotonou Partnership Agreement and is funded by the EU.
Do you love communications? Are you interested in infographics? Can you track down the best facts online to illustrate your argument? What about agricultural and rural development data?
CTA now have an exciting opportunity for a young research communications professional. As part of our new digital team, you will work closely with CTA Communications Programme Coordinator to help communicate issues handled by CTA and illustrated with the best evidence.
In particular, we are looking for someone who can find relevant data sources and best illustrate that evidence with visualization or infographics. You will be responsible for building our data reference bank, liaising with professional firms creating our infographics and playing a key role in our digital team.
DUTIES OF THE INTERN
Under the guidance and supervision of the Communications Programme Coordinator, the intern will assist in the implementation and management of the use of data for communications at CTA, including the following activities:
– Identify how data evidence can be used to support CTA’s goals, including methods for collection, analysis and reporting;
– Assist in identifying relevant and reliable sources of data and build a data reference collection for use by CTA and external partners;
– Collect and analyze data that illustrate key CTA themes, such as climate change, agribusiness and nutrition;
– Assist with the creation of data-based content for use in various media (e.g. Web, social media, print, presentations…);
– Work with the Communications Programme Coordinator and CTA’s Data for Agriculture group to increase use of CTA infographics by our stakeholders, especially for communication and advocacy purposes;
– Produce regular reports on the uptake and use of data based content.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Recent graduate, 29 years old maximum.
• National of one of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (79 African, Caribbean and Pacific States – http://www.acp.int/content/secretariat-acp – and the European Union Member States).
• Master degree in marketing, communication, business or related discipline.
• 1 year experience preferably in data research, visualization or journalism.
• Proficient in data research, analysis and infographic/visualization tools.
• Strong written communication skills.
• Fluency in English or French and working knowledge of the other.
• Good organizational, interpersonal and spoken communication skills.
• Passionate about international development, environment and related social justice issues.
• Participation in CTA activities will give you an invaluable experience at international level.
• Internship stipend (€ 1,000 for holder of a Master’s degree).
• Payment of travel costs when joining and leaving the Centre.
• Medical coverage for emergency cases of sickness and accident during the internship.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are required to send the documents listed below via email to Mr Pascal Deleu at: [email protected]
Please indicate in the « Subject » of the email the title ‘Data Communications Internship Application’.
• A letter of motivation (maximum one page explaining why the candidate considers that he/she is in a position to successfully contribute to project implementation and what he/she expects to gain from the internship. The date of earliest availability should be specified as well);
• An up-to-date curriculum vitae, preferably EUROPASS format (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae );
• Copies of the highest diploma/degree as well as training certificates related to the position. Original documents are to be presented once a candidate is selected.
• Two letters of recommendation and/or references.
Deadline for applications: 24 July 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the (CTA) Data Communications Internship 2016