Application Deadline: August 31, 2013
The Fellowship provides opportunities for African researchers to conduct collaborative research / training for 1-6 months duration at universities and research institutions in India.
The objective of C V Raman International Fellowship is to provide opportunity for African researchers to conduct research under the guidance of a host scientist in India in order to advance their own research capabilities while contributing to the progress of research in India.
- Open to all African researchers in S&T
- Enable to undertake research work in India
- Monthly sustenance allowances
- Additional contingency grant
- To and fro air fare by economy class
All fields of natural and engineering sciences, including mathematics and statistics are included under this programme. Humanities and behavioral sciences are not covered under this programme.
(a) Doctoral Fellowship: Duration 6 months
(b) Visiting Fellowship: Duration 3 months
(c) Senior Fellowship: Duration 1 month
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA : TERMS & CONDITIONS OF AWARD
(a) Applicant should be a citizen/permanent resident of an eligible African country having diplomatic relations with India.
(b) Applicant should be actively engaged in research/teaching at any recognized university or research institution in any one of the African countries.
(c) Minimum Academic Qualifications
- Doctoral Fellowship: PursuingPh.D in any recognized university or research institution in Africa
- Visiting Fellowship: Ph.D / M.Tech / M.Sc or 4 to 6 years research/teaching experience
- Senior Fellowship: Senior Experts / Scientists / Professors
(i) Applicants who have already availed C V Raman International Fellowship in any one of the previous years are NOT eligible to apply.
(ii) Applicants who had applied in any of the previous years but were unsuccessful or could not avail it, may re-apply against the current call
(a) Travel Arrangements:
Round-trip air ticket in economy class from the place of employment in respective African country to the Indian airport nearest to the Indian host institute, through shortest route. Local transport by road/rail between the nearest airport and the host institute in India.
(b) Sustenance Allowance:
(i) Doctoral Fellowship: ` 40,000/- per month including accommodation.
(ii) Visiting Fellowship: ` 50,000/- per month including accommodation.
(iii) Senior Fellowship : ` 50,000/- per month + accommodation (preferably at host institute guest house / private hotel subject to a limit of ` 2500 per day charges)
(c) Contingency Grant:
(i) Doctoral Fellowship: One time contingency grant of ` 20,000/-
(ii) Visiting Fellowship: One time contingency grant of ` 10,000/-
(iii) Senior Fellowship: One time contingency grant of ` 10,000/- + Local travel in India, as per approved program with a limit of ` 30, 000
Fund Utilization Guidelines:
APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR THE PROGRAM – DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
• Sustenance allowance to be paid to the candidate by host institute on a monthly basis for covering living expenses.
• Contingency grant will remain with the host institute and will be given to the candidate as and when required. The candidate is required to produce original bills and vouchers to the host institute for availing reimbursements from this grant.
• Contingency grant may be utilized for meeting institutional fee/lab fee, consumable materials, chemicals, equipment, books and journals, including photostat copies, micro-films, typing, stationery, postage, field work and travel expenses for the Fellow in connection with approved
research project with approval of host scientist.
• Contingency grant is NOT intended for meeting expenditure on furniture, utensils, items normally provided by the College/University/Institution and payment of examination or other fees such as admission/registration/tuition fees etc.
• No funding provision under this fellowship is applicable for –
– Travel expenses of host scientists
– Honorarium for host scientists
– Institution fee/Lab fee
Applications may be submitted using any one of the following modes –
• ONLINE:Using online application through www.indoafrica-cvrf.in
• EMAIL: By emailing scan copy of duly filled-in application form and supporting documents to email@example.com (application form available at www.indoafrica-cvrf.in)
• HARD COPY:By submitting duly filled-in application forms along with supporting documents to
FICCI, New Delhi, India (application form available at www.indoafrica-cvrf.in)
(a) Application Form duly filled-in by applicant
(b) Consent letter from host scientist in prescribed format available online
(c) Letter of recommendation from applicant’s current employer or head of institution
(d) Copy of research/training plan in India, duly approved by applicant’s proposed host scientist
(e) Copy of applicant’s highest degree/educational qualification
(f) Photocopy of applicant’s valid Passport, showing his/her picture, passport number and other personal details
(g) Latest photograph of applicant
(h) Latest/updated CV
• All application forms submitted for this fellowship must be in ENGLISH. Application forms submitted in any language other than English will not be considered for selection process.
• All supporting documents submitted along with application form must also be in ENGLISH. If original document(s) is/are in any language other than English, please enclose duly attested copy of its/their English translation.
Selection Process and Notification
Selection Process :
Screening of applications will be conducted by an expert selection committee set up by Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India, based on scientific merit and proposed contribution to advance research in the proposed area/subject.
(b) Notification of selection results :
Selection/ acceptance letters will be sent to all successful candidates after the final announcement of the selection committee. The result is expected to be announced some time during January/February 2014. Names of fellowship awardees along with their respective host researchers and institutions, along with their research themes will also be posted on www.indoafrica-cvrf.in.
(c) Placement Process :
(i) Selected applicants are required to finalize their duration of stay in India under this fellowship in consultation with their respective host scientists and promptly inform FICCI through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant may plan their fellowship during April – September 2014.
(ii) Selected applicants will be issued visa and air tickets by the concerned Indian Mission in their respective home country or from the concerned Mission entrusted under concurrent accreditation.
(iii) Applicants are required to approach the concerned Indian Missions with copy of their selection/acceptance letter from DST/FICCI along with all other necessary documents and travel plan for issue of visa and air tickets.
All fellows are expected to observe the regulations and procedures stipulated below. If the fellow fails to do so, the fellowship may be withdrawn, as per discretion of Department of Science & Technology or Ministry of External, Government of India or any one or both of them.
(a) Fellows shall stay in India continuously during the tenure of their fellowship and concentrate on their research at the host institution. Fellows should not engagein other work, neither paid nor unpaid, during their fellowship tenures.
(b) Fellows shall follow all rules established by the host institution and DST, prohibiting acts of research misconduct (e.g. fabricating or falsifying research results), research misuse (e.g. use research facilities for private purpose or for purposes other than the approved research).
(c) During their fellowship tenures, fellows shall not, either inside or outside the host institution, infringe in any way on human rights of others, including racial or gender discrimination or other forms of abuse.
(d) Fellows must submit a research report after completion of his/her tenure duly approved by the concerned host scientist at email@example.com.
For More Information: