Application Deadline: February 10, 2023
Applications are open for the 2023 Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC) Women in Wind Global Leadership Program.
Diversity in background and geography are driving principles of the program. In 2023, its fifth year of operation, the program will welcome more participants than ever across all disciplines of the sector.
Making the case for diversity in developing countries and emerging markets is a core principle of the program. Applicants must be citizens or residents of the following emerging markets for wind power: Algeria, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Egypt, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, Morocco, Philippines, Russia, Senegal, South Africa, Thailand, Turkey and Vietnam.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- 4+ years of professional experience in the wind energy industry;
- A track record of leadership and achievement in professional career or otherwise; and
- Professional working proficiency in English (written and spoken).
- A dedicated program of training and mentoring for women in the wind industry, aimed at providing its participants with global perspectives, multidisciplinary experience and the network to advance to leadership positions
- A network of mentors among leading women in the wind industry
- A comprehensive education program that can be expanded upon year-on-year, incorporating the latest technology developments and best practices from the industry, to cover the areas of policy and advocacy, project management, project financing, turbine engineering and more
- A platform to assist leading companies in the sector in identifying talent and reaching new gender equality benchmarks, allowing them to fully leverage their human resources
- A growing network of alumni who can serve as mentors for the future generation of women entering the industry over the next decade, as wind becomes one of the world’s dominant energy sources
- A mentorship program with monthly virtual meetings
- A specially designed learning and development program, with knowledge transfer webinars and skill-building elements for leadership, communication, presentation and industry visibility
- A week-long study tour in Europe, including an industry conference, visits and meetings at key institutions, facilities and company headquarters relevant to the wind sector, as well as high-level seminars and workshops (pending feasibility in 2022)
- Network-building opportunities at major international energy events
- An achievement ceremony for program completion
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the GWEC Women in Wind Global Leadership Program 2023