Application Deadline: 1 June 2023 (2359hrs GMT +8 Singapore Time)
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) and the Singapore Management University (SMU).
PhD training will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS, SUTD or SMU. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a PhD degree by either NTU, NUS, SUTD or SMU.
SINGA supports PhD studies in Biomedical Sciences, Computing and Information Sciences, Engineering and Technology, and Physical Sciences.
More information on:
A*STAR Supervisors and Projects
NUS Graduate School
SMU School of Computing and Information Systems (SCIS)
SUTD Pillars/Clusters and Research Centres
- Open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results Note: SINGA is intended primarily for international students studying for the first time in Singapore. Singaporeans, Singapore Permanent Residents and International students studying/who have studied in Singapore tertiary institutions are not eligible.
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
The award provides support for up to 4 years of PhD studies including:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,200 which will be increased to S$2,700 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000
Estimated cost of living in Singapore
|Item||Per Student Per Month (S$)|
|Food||University Canteens||250 – 350|
|Meals outside Campus||450 – 600|
|Accommodation (based on a single room)||On – Campus*||400 – 700|
|Transport Expenses (local)||100 – 150|
|Other Expenses (stationary, laundry, toiletries, recreation, etc.)||400 – 500|
|Total Estimated Cost of Living||1,400 – 2,000|
1. Browse PhD Research Projects
Go to Research Areas to browse the projects you are interested in.
2. Documents Required
Do prepare the following documents in advance before applying.
Note: Do NOT mail any hard copy documents to SINGA Office. All necessary documents are to be submitted online.
a. Valid Passport
b. A recent passport-sized photo (in .jpeg or .png format)
3.Transcripts & Reports
ALL transcripts need to be in English translation
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Singapore International Graduate Award 2024 Scholarships