Application Deadline: November 15th 2018
Location : South Africa-KwaZulu-Natal-Durban-Indonsa Factory
Job Field : Supply Chain
Job Type : Temporary
Shift: Day Job
Job Schedule : Full-time
The Unemployed learner is responsible for carrying out general line operations and cleaning regimes according to planned operational requirements to safely deliver a good quality packed product. As a member of the operations team the learner plays an important role in maintaining line safety and will identify process or line issues to leaders.
Carries out pre-start-up checks to ensure that the area and equipment is clean and is in a safe condition as per the SOP. Assists shutting down equipment and the area as per the SOP.
Monitors quality against set standards and reports any product and packaging faults. Detects process abnormalities quickly and takes emergency action to prevent them.
Reduce costs due to waste and minimize impact to health, safety and the environment through working to eliminate waste and through the correct handling of waste and hazardous materials.
- Must actively contribute to an eco-efficient environment.
- An awareness of how to use performance measures to identify and prioritize losses in production area; provides description of problems and can provide monitoring of process or line issues.
- Monitor the machines/equipment that they work on.
- Clean the machine according to manufacturer’s standards as well as site specs.
- Perform basic maintenance tasks on the machine as required.
- Check and prepare raw materials that will be used.
- Maintain the safety of oneself and that of others on the line.
- Effective communication skills
- Physical ability to manually lift packaged final product – good physical condition.
- Comply with learnership requirements as stipulated by UL and training provider i.e. assessments; logbook and assignments
TO APPLY FOR THIS VACANCY, PLEASE USE OPTION BELOW.
INTERNAL CANDIDATES – Please drop CV’s in the box at the HR Admin Office.
EXTERNAL CANDIDATES – Please apply on Taleo* (Below, please see instructions on how to apply)
- Log onto www.unilever.com
- Click on careers
- Filter to location – South Africa
- Click “Apply Online” to desired role
- Create online profile and submit application (ATTACH CV & SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS)
Proof of qualification certificates must be attached to your CV.
Statement of results will NOT be accepted.
If you are an Internal Employee, by applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application. If you don’t hear from us within 14 days from the date that you applied, please regard your application as disqualified. If you do not attach the supporting documentation stated in the advert by the closing date, please regard your application as disqualified.
For More Information: