Application Deadline: July 19, 2023
UNLEASH is an Innovation Lab for the Sustainable Development Goals, which convenes up to 1,000 Talents for a 7-day innovation program every year. This year, hundreds of young change makers from all over the world will come together in Kigali, Rwanda during the first week of December to co-create solutions for the most pressing sustainability challenges that our planet is facing.
Would you like to make a difference in your community? Are you passionate about the Sustainable Development Goals? Join the next UNLEASH Innovation Lab in Rwanda, a thriving start-up hub on the African continent.
The UNLEASH Innovation Lab in Rwanda will take place from December 2 to December 8, and changemakers aged between 18-35 will have the opportunity to apply for this transformative (and fully-funded!) experience until July 19.
- The Innovation Lab in Rwanda is open to young people between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Passionate and committed to solving the world’s sustainability challenges
- Creative and have an innovative mindset
- Enthusiastic about working together with peers and experts
- Able to understand and communicate in English
- UNLEASH will cover all reasonable and approved flight costs and on-the-ground transportation costs in Kigali, for all Talents who have been accepted into the program. Travels to Rwanda will be booked through our travel agency.
- UNLEASH will not cover the costs of Talents travelling from their home to or from the international airport from which they are flying to Rwanda. Exceptions apply for Scholarship Talents.
Talents are selected based on the following criteria.
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to solving the world’s pressing challenges.
- Possession of a creative and innovative mindset.
- Willingness to engage in co-creation with peers and experts.
- Resilience and ability to overcome failure.
- Basic proficiency in English with the ability to understand instructions.
The Innovation Process
During the Lab, 1,000 young participants from all over the world will come up with new ideas and co-create innovative initiatives through human-centered design thinking – a process that focuses on the real needs of the people that the solution caters to. Experienced facilitators and experts will guide the participants through different stages of the innovation process:
Defining a problem based on user needs and clear insights
Brainstorming and selecting ideas to solve the problem
Creating simple versions of the idea to understand how it will work in real life
Testing the solution with users, learning, and adapting
Planning and launching impactful solutions
Anecdotal feedback from previous participants in UNLEASH Innovation Labs shows that for many of them, their participation is a life-changing event that connects them with the experience, skills, and networks which shape their lives and careers for many years to come.
- Learn and apply UNLEASH Innovation Methodology to co-create innovative initiatives using human-centered design thinking.
- Immerse yourself in a week-long program in Kigali, Rwanda, a leading innovation and tech hub in Africa
- Connect and engage with a diverse community of hundreds of young people, experienced facilitators, and experts who share a mutual passion for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Become part of a global network of thousands of UNLEASH Alumni, fostering ongoing collaboration and support.
For More Information: