Application Deadline: Friday 18 August, 2017.
Thomson Foundation, in partnership with the UK Foreign Press Association (FPA), is inviting young journalists from around the world to submit their most compelling stories.
Now leading into its fifth year, the Young Journalist Award is Thomson Foundation’s annual journalism competition, dedicated to finding and inspiring ambitious and emerging journalistic talent from across the globe.
Previous winners have each possessed the most important traits necessary to be successful in journalism: a unique voice, a fresh perspective and a strong passion not only for their subjects, but also for their craft.
- The competition is open to journalists aged 30 or under from countries with a gross national income per capita of less than $20,000.
- Those who meet the criteria are welcome to submit a portfolio of three published pieces of work produced in the 12 months preceding the deadline for submissions, which is Friday 18 August, 2017.
- They can be in any format — print, audio, video, multimedia or a combination of all four.
- While only three finalists can make it to London to attend the prestigious gala awards night in November, along with a host of other potential award winners and leading figures from the world of journalism, there is space to salute the longer shortlist of 12 on the Thomson Foundation website and social media channels.
- An esteemed panel from the foundation — all highly experienced journalists within their own right — will tackle the substantial, scouring through hundreds of entries from young journalists from across the globe which, in previous years, have included Africa, the Indian subcontinent, China, South America, parts of Central Asia and the Middle East, for stories that are revelatory, prompt public debate and have led to, or have the potential to lead to, positive change in society.
How to Enter:
- Submissions for this year’s Thomson Foundation Young Journalist Award will close on 18 August, 2017. Use the entry form to apply.
- Visit the Young Journalist section to learn more about the award.
- For queries relating to your submission, email: [email protected].
For More Information: