Application Deadline: 31st August 2015
The African Media Initiative is calling for entries to its Zimeo Excellence in Media Awards 2015 competition. The awards, which will be offered annually, are open to professional journalists working on the African continent.
The call for entries is for stories which have been produced and published in any medium, including print, television, radio and digital platforms. The stories should have been produced, published or broadcast in any of the following languages: English, French, Arabic and Portuguese.
- The Competition is open to any African journalist, including freelancers working in any media — radio, TV, print, photography and digital platforms — whose primary audiences are based in Africa.
The competition will recognize excellence in the following categories:
• Gender reporting
• Youth reporting
• Maritime economy reporting
• Business and finance reporting
• Technology reporting
• Agriculture and food security reporting
• Health reporting
• Education reporting
• Peace and security reporting
• Energy reporting
• Natural resources reporting
• Infrastructure reporting
• Science reporting
• Data journalism
• Climate change & environment conservation reporting
• News blogging
• Millenium and Sustainable Development Goals reporting
• African Union Agenda 2063 reporting
• Editorial cartooning
The Zimeo awards will also feature special prizes to honour outstanding media governance and exemplary corporate support for the media industry. The categories for these awards are:
• Media Governance
• African Public Institutions that Support Media
• Corporate Friends of Media
- The winners of the 2015 competition will participate in the African Media Leaders Forum (AMLF) that takes place on 11-13 November 2015 in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- They will also have an opportunity to participate in capacity building workshops as well as network with media industry leaders, and technology and development experts from across the continent.
- The highlight of the AMLF 2015 will be the Zimeo Excellence in Media Awards Gala ceremony, which will be held on Friday, 13th November.
Print – Please include clear copies of PDF scan(s) of the published article. Maximum file size: 5 MB -PDF Format Only.
Radio – Upload the file onto SoundCloud and provide the URL link on the entry form
Digital – Include a working website link (URL) on the entry form
TV Material – Upload the video on YouTube and provide the URL link on the entry form.
- Applications or other materials sent by post, hand or fax will be rejected. All submissions must be in an electronic format.
- Contestants must download and fill in the entry form and send it via email with their updated CV attached to [email protected].
- The deadline for applications is Monday, 31st August 2015.
- Download the Application Form
For More Information: