Application Deadline: April 3rd, 2023
The Goethe Talents Scholarship is a 12-day programme to support and connect young, aspiring musical artists including singer-songwriters and composers. The scholarship is a cooperation between the Goethe-Institut and »Pop-Kultur« and will be taking place for the eighth time in 2023.
Applications for Goethe Talents Scholarship 2023 are open now!
… a young musician between 20-30 years old?
… from the Global South, North Africa or West- and Central- Asia
… have work experience in the field of music?
… speak English fluently?
If you can answer all these questions with YES, please submit your application for the Goethe Talents Scholarship 2023.
- The scholarship is directed at musicians between ~20 and ~30 years of age who have already gained some experience in the field of music and have a solid grasp of the English language.
- The programme is particularly focused on talents from the Global South, the Middle East and (Central) Asia.
- The talents are selected after an international application process through the worldwide network of the Goethe-Institut.
- The participation fee, accommodation, travel expenses, hospitality (per diem) for the period of August 24th to September 4th, 2023 will be covered by the Goethe-Institut.
- Goethe-Institut will also book and pay for flights and will help with visa issues.
- Additionally, Musicboard Berlin will give a free Festival Ticket plus access to Pop-Kultur’s networking area for professionals to all talents, organize accommodation (breakfast included), cover health insurance and public transportation within Berlin.
- The programme offers a variety of activities to experience the “music city” Berlin before the actual Festival: Studio visits, intensive jam-sessions, short traineeships in selected companies from Berlin’s creative industries, listening sessions and meetings with scholarship holders of the Musicboard Berlin GmbH, as well as many other activities. Highlights of the promotion and exchange programme are the participation in »Pop-Kultur Nachwuchs«, the official talent programme of the festival, intensive Studio collaborations of all Goethe Talents 2023 participants and of course experiencing the full programme of »Pop-Kultur« Live.
- All participants will have to prepare a short input talk (of approx. 15 min.) in advance about their experience in the music field thus far and about the music scene in their respective country.
- Advanced English skills are crucial to attend the programme as there is no translation available (B2 minimum!). You will be tested in advance by a local Goethe-Institut.
- You need work experience in the field of music and we need proof of at least 3 projects you participated in.
- We expect your motivation for exchange and engagement in working with a diverse group in the field of music production and performance.
- You have to cover all additional expenses that might occur during your stay.
- All applications are for individual persons only. No accompanying persons can be sponsored or included in the programme.
If you do not board your booked flight or cancel the programme on short notice, you are obliged to reimburse the Goethe-Institut and Musicboard Berlin for any expenses accrued.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the 2023 Goethe Institut Talents Scholarship