Application Deadline: 30th April 2016
The Thuthuka Bursary Fund is looking for academically strong learners who aspire to become Chartered Accountants. Students who do exceptionally well in Mathematics and have excellent marks in the other subject to qualify for university entrance may apply.
The purpose of the project is to annually place between 250 – 300 fully bursared Black African and Coloured students at selected SAICA-accredited universities in cohorts of 50 per university on special undergraduate BCom Accounting education programmes.
Eligibility Requirements for the Thuthuka bursary
- The learner must be African or Coloured
- The learner must be a South African Citizen
- The learner must obtain atleast 60% on Mathematics (5 or above on the NSC Scale of Achievement) NOT MATHS LITERACY
- The learner must be in Grd12 intending on studying B comm. Accounting
- The learner must be financially needy and will be assessed using the NSFAS MEANS TEST to confirm financial need
- The learner must not be out of Matric/school for more than 2 years.
- To be considered for the Thuthuka Bursary Fund, you are required to register and write the National Benchmark Test (NBT).
The Process of Awarding a Bursary
- The application must have met the above criteria
- The learner must have or be in the process of applying to one of the following tertiary institutions:
- University of Johannesburg
- University of Cape Town (Bachelor of Commerce code CB011 )
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- Rhodes University
- Stellenbosch University
- University of Pretoria
- University of the Free State
- University of Witwatersrand (WITS)
- North-West University (Potchefstroom Campus)
Once the learner has met all the above requirements only then will the bursary be provisionally awarded to the learner pending the final Grade 12 results and availability of funding.
Postal address is:
Thuthuka Bursary Fund
P.O. Box 59875
For More Information: