Application Deadline: 15 APRIL 2016
- The Summer School will take place in Fontainebleau (near Paris), France, from 10 to 13 July 2016.
Do you want to join 80 fellow students as well as leading faculty from around the world for four days of stimulating learning and discussion on the energy industry?
The Total Energy Summer School (TESS) is your chance to join a dynamic community of current and future energy leaders, working with industry stakeholders and leading academics and experts.
The Total Energy Summer School will bring together students, senior faculty, Total Chairs and industry experts from all over the world in a 4 day event, to explore future challenges and solutions for the energy industry, in a highly engaging and interactive programme.
TESS will be held in Fontainebleau, near Paris, France from 10-13 July 2016. Successful applicants will be funded by Total to join this exceptional event. What’s more, all applicants will have the opportunity to follow one key interactive session online, live-streamed from Fontainebleau during the Summer School.
For the first time, TESS 2016 will bring together students, leading academics and industry experts from all over the world to explore future challenges and solutions for the energy industry.
This innovative programme promises four days of intensive and thought-provoking intellectual challenge and personal development. Through a stimulating mix of lectures and group activities, 80 students from around the world will work alongside academic and industry thought leaders to explore the energy of the future. This is a unique opportunity for high-ability students to:
- Increase and share their knowledge of the energy industry
- Interact with senior thinkers and leaders in the field
- Develop intercultural skills, and experience working with a truly international group
- Build a network of senior and peer contacts in the sector
- Students from any discipline can apply for a place at TESS.
- Priority will be given to students in the final year of their Bachelors degree or enrolled in a Masters degree programme.
- The programme is entirely in English so a good level is important to make the most of the opportunity if you are selected.
To be considered for a place at TESS, funded by Total, you will need:
- To be at or above the age of majority in your country
- To be registered as a student at a recognised degree awarding institution
- To have an excellent level of speaking and understanding in English
- To be able to demonstrate your interest in energy and motivation to attend the event
- To be available for travel (at Total’s expense) to France from 10 to 13 July 2016
- Your travel and accommodation, and other costs associated with attending TESS will be covered by Total.
- Arrivals Sunday 10 July 2016 80 students, 40 Professors and Chairs
- Departures Wed 13 (pm) / Thurs 14 July 2016 30 experts from Total and the industry
- Parallel interlocking programmes
- Theme: The energy of the future starts with you
- To apply there are 3 short steps: complete your profile, motivation statement and a short quiz.
- Please note that applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and places per country are limited. We strongly recommend applying as soon as possible.
How to Apply:
To apply for one of 80 places for students at the Total Energy Summer School, you must complete three simple steps. On the Total Energy Summer School registration page, you need to:
- Complete your profile, and accept the data protection statement
- Answer 3 questions about your motivation and your achievements
- Successfully complete a 10 question quiz about Total and the energy sector
The application deadline is 15 April at 12 midnight GMT. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and places per country are limited so we strongly recommend applying as soon as possible.
Following the closing date:
- A shortlist of candidates, based on academic profile, quiz responses and motivation statements, will be presented to each participating Total affiliate.
- If you are on the shortlist, you may be asked to supply some additional information, such as a CV and a reference from a professor at your current institution.
- In some countries, telephone interviews may be organised to allow Total’s representatives to get to know the shortlisted candidates better and make a final selection.
- Up to 80 candidates will be offered a place at the Total Energy Summer School.
- Total reserves the right to disqualify applicants who have supplied false or misleading information.
- Total reserves the right to make the final decision on who should be invited to TESS. Total’s decision will be final and no correspondence can be entered into.
For More Information: