Application Deadline: October 20, 2017.
Call for applications for the programme ‘Travelling to learn Arts and Crafts’, by Fondation Culture and Diversite in partnership with UNESCO patronage of the French and under the National Commission for UNESCO.
The programme aims to enable arts and crafts students coming from disadvantaged backgrounds to complete a study tour abroad. It allows young French scholarship students nearing the end of their studies to discover the know-how of craftspeople in developing countries; and it allows students from developing countries to discover the know-how of French craftspeople.
This programme helps students launch their professional career by enabling them to work in a professional environment; acquire new skills and cultural experiences abroad; design and create innovative products; develop a professional network; and participate and present their work at international fairs.
Applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Level of study of at least 2 years equivalent to an Arts & Crafts Diploma,
- Enrolled in Arts & Crafts schools/institutes/universities,
- Recipient of scholarships and awards (and being able to give proof of it)
- Speaking French and English.
- Must complete the candidate application form: they must apply for one of the study tours presented in the candidate application form, explain their overall motivation and interest for the techniques they wish to acquire, and show their interest for the French culture;
- Must join pictures of their works;
- Must join a video presentation: length 4 to 6 minutes (content: presentati on of themselves, of their motivation, of what they want to learn and discover thanks to the programme and of their future professional project).
- The student can benefit from a logistic support from the programme before his or her departure
- Administrative relationship with the hosting professional organization,
- Assistance in administrative procedures,
- Assistance in finding an accommodation. The student can also benefit from a logistic and administrative support once there. The Fondation Culture & Diversité stays in permanent contact with every beneficiary.
- A financial support
- The laureate’s round-trip plane ticket;
- As well as a monthly financial support covering all the expenses relative to the four months stay in France, the journeys and the purchase of material linked to the study tour, for a total equivalent to 1037 € a month.
An internship agreement will be signed between the student, the school and the hostingprofessional organization.
A scholarship agreement will be signed between the student and the Fondation Culture & Diversité.
- November 3rd, 2017 Deadline for submission of candidate applications.
- December 2017 : Selection of the laureates and communication of results.
- From February 2018 Study tours in France.
- June-July 2018 Certificate Presentation
- Applicants must be students and not senior artists. Last date for submission of applications is October 20, 2017.
- Applications must be submitted only by email at: s.bisht(at)unesco.org
For More Information: