Application Deadline: January 6th 2020
Here, they may freely express themselves while sharing their personal vision, thoughts and ideas regarding their common heritage of the Silk Roads.
The photography contest is open to everyone between 14 and 25 years old, regardless of his or her country of residence, except employees of UNESCO and the donor, China World Peace Foundation, and their family members (parents, children, siblings and spouses).
There will be two categories:
- 14 to 17 years old
- 18 to 25 years old
To confirm participation, each participant will have to follow the following instructions outlined below before 6 January 2020, 23h59m59s, (GMT+1 h):
- Go to the Participation page
- Upload a maximum of 20 photographs:
- Include a caption for each photograph or series of photographs, in digital format (JPEG or JPG)
- The quality of the photographs must be at least 1,500 pixels wide for horizontal images and 1,500 pixels tall for vertical image
Content of photos
Only minor modifications to the photographs will be accepted (e.g. dodging and burning, aperture, cropping, color balance) and must be clearly indicated in the image’s description.
Each photograph must not contain any personal information that identifies the photographer.
All participants must be able to provide a high-resolution image that, if selected, can be printed on different media for exhibitions.
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd Awards.
In each age category, three photographs will be awarded by the international members of the Selection Committee. It is composed of six international personalities who are recognized for their artistic work and designated by the UNESCO. Subsequently, the Selection Committee is composed of five members with a chairman, as well as a representative of the UNESCO Director General.
- 1st Award: A professional digital single-lens reflex camera equipped with 18-55mm lens
- 2nd Award: Semi-professional digital camera
- 3rd Award: Digital camera
In the case of tied votes, the chairman of the Selection Committee will select the winner.
The announcement of the winners will be made on 21 March 2020, on https://en.unesco.org/silkroad
For More Information: