Application Deadline: 14th August 2016 (23:59 GMT)
Are you a young key multiplier playing an active role in a youth organisation, willing to gain skills to promote and disseminate principles of Global Development Education (GDE) to other young people?
Do you want to develop competences to facilitate peer-learning processes with other young people based on the practice of GDE?
If you answered yes to the previous questions or are just curious about the subject, apply for the 5th Global Education and Youth Training Course for youth multipliers, taking place in Mollina, Spain , from 18 to 25 September 2016.
The North-South Centre of the Council of Europe together with the partners of the Network of Universities on Youth and Global Citizenship is organising the 5th Global Education and Youth Training Course for youth multipliers , in the framework of the 17th University on Youth and Development.
The training course aims to empower representatives of youth organisations to further support the practice of GDE based on the North-South Centre Global Education methodology, as well as to provide youth multipliers with a series of competences and tools to promote the principles of GDE to other young people.
The course methodology is based on a number of successful experiences of training for youth workers and youth leaders developed by the North-South Centre of the Council of Europe and will benefit from the knowledge of some of the best trainers and youth workers in the fields of youth co-operation and Global Education from Africa, Europe, the Mediterranean Region and Latin America.
Every year the UYD integrates in its programme the annual topic of the Network of Universities on Youth and Global Citizenship. In 2016 (18-25 September), the University on Youth and Development will celebrate its 17th edition, under the joint theme: “Connecting identities”.
The specific objectives of the UYD are:
- to promote youth work development and youth participation as well as political mainstreaming of youth related issues and youth policy development;
- to encourage participation of young people in decision and policy making by promoting their involvement and interaction in quadrilogue3 initiatives;
- to provide training and capacity-building for young people and youth organisations;
- to foster youth co-operation and Global Youth Work; and
- to promote human rights, intercultural dialogue and democratic citizenship as essential dimensions of Global Education.
The participants in this training course are representatives of youth organisations. Nonetheless, we may consider applications from participants that are involved in projects or initiatives that have a multiplying effect with young people.
Concerning participants and their profile:
- should be a key multiplier playing an active role within a youth organisation/platform or institution, and plan to continue this work in the near future;
- have background knowledge in terms of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and youth related issues;
- diverse social and geographical background (including disadvantaged and minority groups);
- aged between 18 and 30;
- have already some qualification or experience in terms of the Universities and/or international youth work and project work;
- be committed to attend the full duration of the course and be supported by one youth organisation/platform or institution;
- be able to work and communicate in English.
- The selection will be carried out by the North-South Centre and the pedagogical team, in consultation with the partners of the Network of the Universities.
- The selection process will seek gender and geographical balance and will assure representation of participants coming from different regions/Universities.
- The training methodology is based on a number of successful experiences of training for youth workers and youth leaders developed by the North-South Centre of the Council of Europe. It will also benefit from the knowledge of some of the best trainers and youth workers in the fields of youth co-operation and Global Education.
- The team of experienced trainers from Africa, Europe, the Mediterranean Region and Latin America will be responsible for further designing and implementing the methodology of the course.
- Invited guests and experts will provide proposals for reflection in a process based on Global Education methodology. The course is a week-long programme using a variety of educational methods.
- The use of experiential methods and workshops will strengthen the practical side of the course.
- Prior and/or after the residential training course participants will be highly encouraged to apply and participate in any of the e-learning training courses of the NSC to further improve their knowledge on human rights, intercultural dialogue and/or democratic citizenship.
- The North-South Centre will do its best to issue a pre-paid ticket. In exceptional cases, participants might advance the booking of the international flight and reimbursement will be done fully or in an agreed amount.
- Please do not proceed with any booking until confirmation of selection and agreement regarding travel arrangements.
- Local transfers between Malaga Airport and Antequera-Santa Ana/Bobadilla train stations will be organised by the partners of the 17th University on Youth and Development.
- Board and lodging will be assured in CEULAJ by the organisers for the entire duration of the course (including breakfast, lunch, dinner and two daily coffee-breaks). Participants will be accommodated in double/triple rooms.
- It is expected that participants/background organisation support the expenses related with local transports in the home country and transit and visa costs.
- All applicants fulfilling the criteria and interested in participating should send the application form to [email protected] by the 14th August 2016.
- A recommendation letter from the organisation clearly stating the added value and possible follow-up of the participation of the applicant in the training course should be sent (scan version) in the same email with the application form. This letter should be signed and stamped.
- The application form and recommendation letter are necessary to consider the application eligible.
- All applicants should receive a confirmation email of reception of documents within 5 working days after the deadline.
- If you do not receive it, please contact us.
The selection results will be announced as from the 19th August 2016.
For More Information: