Application Deadline:1st April 2021
The Young Farmers’ Federation of Uganda (UNYFA) in partnership with the Schorlermer Foundation of the German Farmers’ Association (DBV) invite young farmers to apply for International Young Farmers Exchange Program-IYFEP August Cohort 2021. This apprenticeship is for all young farmers in Uganda who would want to have hands-on practical experience, exposure and understanding of Global Farms and Food Systems especially in Germany. 10 practical young farmers or agriculture scholars will be selected to participate in this program and 10 young German Farmers will also come and be hosted on the Ugandan farms to be exposed to Uganda culture and tropical agriculture. The qualifying Ugandan participants will have an all-expenses paid 3 months stay in German by Schorlermer Shiftung with special support from the Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
Apprenticeship period: August – October 2021
• A Ugandan Citizen
• Aged 20-35
• Must be a practicing farmer or a scholar of agriculture or running an agribusiness venture
• Must possess a valid Ugandan passport
• Pay an application fee of 250,000/- to;
Young Farmers’ Federation of Uganda Multipurpose Account- 07187690015, Bank of Africa, Kampala Road Branch.
Please note that the application fee is part of the application process and is non-refundable
• Independently fill the form
• Use personal details (e- mail address, phone number because these will be used in notifying you)
• Only complete applications will be considered
• To complete the application; all the 8 attachments should be submitted in PDF
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
The internship program selection process is highly competitive. Applicants are encouraged to submit thorough applications that illustrate their qualifications, characters and practical commitment to agriculture.
Selection is based on the following criteria;
• Practical commitment to agriculture
• Demonstrated leadership in the community
• Must be willing to return to Uganda after 3 months internship period in Germany
For More Information: