Application Deadline: Friday, 8th February, 2019 at 5:00pm.
UONGOZI Institute invites applications for a one-year Executive Programme (Postgraduate Diploma in Leadership) from Senior Leaders in the Public, Private and Civil Society Organisations. The Programme, undertaken in collaboration with Aalto University Executive Education of Finland, aims to develop leadership competencies in three areas; Making Strategic Choices, Leading People and Other Resources and Excelling in Personal Leadership Qualities. This is the third cohort to undertake this programme.
Facilitated by world-class professors and experts in leadership from around the world, the Programme is designed to encourage participants to challenge their thinking as they broaden their competencies in visioning, planning and inspiring others through advanced strategic communication. It will motivate the participants to become better designers and innovators of effective structures and systems for better results.
Each module runs for between 2-3 days of in-class workshops and online individual or group assignments.
Postgraduate Diploma Requirements
Completion of the Programme requires attending all modules and completing several written pre- and post-assignments and four graded exams. On successful completion, candidates will earn 18 European credits; all of which are eligible to be transferred towards the Aalto Executive MBA or Aalto MBA Program.
Tentative Schedule of the Programme
April 2019: Opening, Reflective and Inspirational Leader
May 2019: Strategy Formulation and Implementation
August 2019: Developing Financial Skills
September 2019: Leading for Results
October 2019: Design Thinking for Organizational Development
November 2019: Sustainable Development
January 2020: Ethical Leadership
February 2020: Strategic Communication
March 2020: Human Resource Management for Executives
April 2020: Leading Change, Graduation
Tuition & Costs*:
The tuition fees for the Postgraduate Diploma in Leadership are EUR 4,000. This covers:
- All facilitation costs and learning and training materials, including stationery
- All meals during training hours
The participants or their sponsors will also be responsible for:
- Daily Subsistence Allowance (Per Diem) for each module
- Transportation allowance to attend each module
- On-transit expenses, incidentals and medical coverage
*A limited number of full scholarships will be available for Government employees.
Selection Criteria and Qualifications:
The candidates need to meet with the following entry requirements:
- Minimum five years of work experience in a managerial or senior specialist position
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Recommendation from employer
An official recommendation and commitment letter from the employer to confirm the participant’s commitment and employer’s full support to participate in the Programme for one year.
Required Documents from the Candidate:
- Candidate’s Curriculum Vitae (not exceeding 2 pages)
- Cover letter (not exceeding one page)
- An essay (between 450- 500 words) explaining the candidate’s leadership successes, challenges and motivation for applying for the Programme
- Reference and commitment letter signed by the candidate and his/her employer
- Certified copies of original academic certificates
Venue: Dar es Salaam and Arusha (Specific location will be determined for each module).
Submit your applications or the names of selected candidates to:
The Chief Executive Officer
P.O. Box 105753
Dar es Salaam
Or email to [email protected]
Deadline for Receiving Applications: Friday, 8th February, 2019 at 5:00pm.
Applications received after this deadline will not be considered. For more information on the Post-graduate Diploma in Leadership, go to www.uongozi.or.tz/postgraduate-diploma