Decisions will be made by March, 2017.
WAAW foundation’s annual scholarship initiative is aimed at supporting need based African female STEM-focused college education. Please read the eligibility criteria before you apply.
All non qualifying applications will be automatically deleted! Criteria for eligibility includes:
- Female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa.
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate B.S.degree program.
- Studying STEM related courses in a University or college in Africa.
- Demonstrable financial need, and
- Excellent Academic Record.
- Below the age of 32 years.
- Graduation date is after December of award year
WAAW Foundation awards annual scholarships to students who demonstrate need and prove their status as full time students in a STEM related course in an African University. Recipients will be required to start a STEM Outreach Chapter at their university.
Agriculture, Aircraft engineering, Architecture, Bio Medical, Biochemistry, Biology, Botany, Chemistry, Civil engineering and urbanism, Computer Science, Construction technology and management , Economics, Electronics Engineering, Engineering Agriculture, Environmental Health, Environmental Science, Genetics, Geography, Geology, Industrial Chemistry, IT, Math related fields, Natural Science, Pharmacy, Physics, Science related fields, Statistics, Technology, Zoology
How to Apply
Your application will include the following:
- Application form filled out completely. We will only accept online applications this year. NO PAPER APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED*.
- Personal and Contact Information.
- Educational background and Family Information.
- Statement of need should describe why scholarship funds are needed and what the funds will be used for if received.
- Essays are a strong criteria in determining candidates who are short listed. Responses to essay questions that address career goals and how you expect the WAAW scholarship will assist in your education. Please have you essay responses ready before you begin the application.
- 1. In 500 words or less, please write an essay on your future career goals and how you expect the WAAW foundation scholarship will assist in fulfilling those goals.
- 2. In 300 words or less, please describe what you believe about female education in Africa and its impact on research, development or advancement in African economies.
- 3. Describe in ten or less sentences why you need a scholarship. Tell us about your need or personal/family/financial situation and how the funds from WAAW scholarship will assist your education and/or career plans.
- Two academic/professional references. Note recommendations and transcripts ARE NOT REQUIRED AT THIS TIME. ONLY after a candidate has been shortlisted.
For further information or inquiries please email:
Please do not email inquiries until you have reviewed all the requirements above, including the list of accepted and unaccepted course in the FAQ link above.
ONLY Shortlisted candidates will be required to send the following additional items in order to complete this process.
- 2 references; one MUST be written by a professor from your institution of study and the other from an academic supervisor/advisor or mentor. Reference forms should be downloaded from 2017_ScholarshipReferenceLetter and emailed to email@example.com
- A copy of a current signed and sealed transcript from your University to be emailed firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 1.888.519.4269 or to be mailed to:
WAAW Foundation Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 1691, Wylie. Texas 75098.
*Scanned copies of original transcripts may be emailed to email@example.com.
- A copy of the student’s School identity card must be scanned and emailed to you.
For More Information: