Application Deadline: 17 October, 2016
The World Association of Newspaper and News Publishers (WAN-IFRA) is pleased to invite women working for newspapers or digital media in Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan and Palestine to apply for the much-sought-after Women in News (WIN) leadership development programme.
WIN works with media companies and their high potential female employees to overcome the gender gap in management and senior management positions. The programme equips women media professionals in middle and senior management positions with the strategies, skills and support networks they need to take on a greater leadership role within their organisations.
In the past four years, WIN has trained 120 women journalists from 40 media companies in Botswana, Namibia, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Malawi and South Africa. WIN participants have benefited from individual coaching, media management and leadership skills training, mentoring and networking opportunities to strengthen their skill-sets and help them overcome barriers to advancement in the workplace.
This is a results-based programme: 84% of participants reported having been given more responsibility in the workplace, with 40% of participants securing a promotion within their media companies while 68% of participants reported that after the training they noted more opportunities to progress within their companies.
Successful applicants will benefit from the following in 2016:
- One-on-one Coaching to work towards a specific career goal within their media company or to implement a workplace project of their choice.
- Certified Leadership and Media Management training through a skills development curriculum specifically designed for the WIN programme and delivered by regional experts.
- Peer Mentoring to allow for exchange of ideas and experiences, and create peer-to-peer support networks.
- Networking opportunities in national or regional settings to facilitate the creation and expansion of business networks.
WHO CAN APPLY:
- WIN MENA* is open to media women with a minimum of 2 years in a middle management position (editorial or a senior journalist) within newspapers and digital media in Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan and Palestine.
Note: successful participants will be expected to travel on specific occasions throughout the programme.
Please note that the programme is only accepting applications from print and digital media at this time.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested applicants should send a filled application form to [email protected].
Applications should arrive not later than Monday, 17 October, 2016 for Egypt*, Lebanon*, Jordan* and Palestine*.
*WIN MENA will be conducted in Arabic. Bilingual Arabic/English or Arabic/French candidates can apply.
For More Information: