Application Deadline: 15:00 GMT on March 31st, 2016
The WISE Learners’ Voice Program brings the perspectives of young people to the challenge of rethinking education, and equips them to take on leading roles in their fields and in the world of education. The Program is based on the idea that when learners are co-creators of their learning environments, they become active participants invested as stakeholders in the progress of their communities. The Program focuses on building knowledge of education, social entrepreneurship, leadership, and communication skills.
The Learners participate in the annual WISE Summit and in two intensive residential sessions delivered by expert faculty. These are supplemented by practical workshops and various online and on-site activities. In a key component of the Program, the learners form teams to conceive and design grass-roots projects that address critical education challenges. Selected projects, developed throughout the year, are presented at the following WISE Summit.
- Age and status: Participants must be between the ages of 18 and 25 on December 1,2016. All applicants must be considered legal adults in their home country.
- Availability : Participants must be able to travel to Doha, Qatar, and be able and willing to participate in the full, mandatory WISE Learners’ Voice event in November/December 2016
- Participants must be willing to contribute to online discussions prior to the event and to work with the WISE Team to prepare for your full engagement.
- Participants must be able to take part in two mandatory residential sessions from January 2–13, 2017 in Doha, Qatar, and May 28-June 10, 2017 in Madrid, Spain
- Attendance and participation in the mandatory sessions is critical. By submitting the form you are acknowledging these terms and committing to them.
- Continued involvement and participation: Participants must be able to continue their involvement with the Learners’ Voice Program throughout the year. This includes no-site, on-line and group activities.
- All participants must hold a passport that is valid for at least 18 months from 1 November 2016.
Academic and professional competencies: All participants should be able to demonstratetheir academic and/or professional achievements and experiences to date.
Professional and wider interests: Participants should be able to demonstrate interestand/or involvement in education and other wider global development issues.
Social engagement: All participants must be able to demonstrate their engagement in wider social networks or communities broadly as sociated with their studies and/ or professional interests.
Character: Participants should be friendly, flexible and able to work well in multicultural, multinational teams.
Communication skills: Participants should be comfortable with presenting and speaking in public. Participants should have strong active listening skills.
Language skills : All participants should be proficient in spoken and written English.
All nominators and applicants must agree to respect final selection decisions made by the WISE Team. No appeal or claim will be accepted. Should your application be unsuccessful you can apply/nominateagain next year.
- The successful Learners will be expected to attend the activities in Doha in November/December 2016 and will be involved in year-long activities throughout 2017.
- Your full attendance and participation is mandatory if you are to be considered for the program.
In addition to this, the WISE Learners’ Voice Program requires your individual commitment, attendance and full participation in two mandatory residential sessions.
The first will take place from January 2–13, 2017 in Doha, Qatar, and the second fromMay 28-June 10, 2017 in Madrid, Spain.
WISE-Qatar Foundation will cover all program-related expenses, including flights andaccommodation, for the selected Learners.
How to Apply:
Apply to take part in the Program
WISE invites highly motivated learners to apply for the WISE Learners’ Voice Program by submitting an application form endorsed by two referees.
> Nominate a learner to take part in the Program
WISE invites representatives of institutions, organizations, programs and networks around the world to nominate engaged learners with outstanding and diverse academic/personal experiences to participate in the WISE Learners’ Voice Program.
For More Information: