Application Deadline: 13 April 2023.
The World Trade Organization (WTO) is looking for talented, highly qualified and dynamic individuals to join the 2024 Young Professionals Programme (YPP). A call for applications is now open for the programme, which aims at providing young professionals with an opportunity to develop their skills and gain experience in the field of international trade.
Launched in 2016, the Young Professionals Programme (YPP) is a technical assistance programme overseen by the WTO’s Institute for Training and Technical Co-operation and funded by the Global Trust Fund. It is part of the WTO Secretariat’s efforts to increase diversity and broaden the members’ representation.
The selected young professionals are allocated to a specific division of the Secretariat in accordance with the needs and priorities of the organization and based on the areas of interest of the young professionals. The candidates spend a year in the Secretariat learning about the organization’s work and contributing to its activities.
The YPP is a unique opportunity for young professionals to gain valuable hands-on experience. YPP alumni have gone on to hold positions in international organizations (including the WTO), national governments and the private sector, working in the field of multilateral diplomacy and global trade.
- Candidates up to the age of 32, as of 1 January 2023, from eligible countries are invited to submit their applications.
- Candidates must also meet the other requirements of the programme.
- The selected candidates will work at the WTO Secretariat for one year, starting in January 2024.
- Applicants must be citizens from developing and least-developed countries (LDCs) and members of the WTO.
One year without possibility of extension.
Remuneration and benefits
Participants under the programme receive a monthly salary of CHF 3,500. The WTO also provides appropriate medical cover and travel costs.
How to Apply
- The online application form can be accessed on the WTO e-Recruitment website and should be completed by 13 April 2023.
- Preference is given to nationals from WTO members without any representation at the professional level in the Secretariat.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the World Trade Organization (WTO) Young Professionals Programme 2024