Application Deadline: February 19th 2018
The YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa, located at Kenyatta University in Nairobi, Kenya serves 14 countries in East and Central Africa: Burundi, Central African Republic, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda. The Center is overseen by Deloitte East Africa and is supported by a growing number of African and international partners.
(1) Business and Entrepreneurship,
(2) Civic Leadership, and (3) Public Management in a 4-week residential format with a focus on individual and team leadership skills, innovation, creative learning, and communication.
The program’s emphasis is on interactive and experiential learning which fosters each participant’s ability to contribute both individually and in teams.
Competition for the YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa is merit-based and open to young East African leaders who meet the following criteria:
- Are 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission,
- Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Burundi, Central African Republic. Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda,
- Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Kenya, and
- Are proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking English.
Tracks of study:
Business and Entrepreneurship:
Engagement after the Program
- Serving as volunteers via country-based Alumni Chapters or as Country Liaisons, alumni can help to coordinate activities, host trainings, recruit prospective participants, review applications, and engage the community.
- Applying for financial and non-financial resources that support collective action that help alumni to provide meaningful activities, trainings, events, workshops, and forums to their communities and countries.
For More Information: